joe hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe looked a lot better on Saturday against Hull . He wasn't as flappy at corners on Saturday . I hope he plays like that at Stoke where he will be tested a lot more at set pieces .

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Might have already been said but didn't Peter Schmeichel come out and say something along the lines of that people are quick to judge Hart whenever we concede a goal and that he's still one of the best out there??? The guy has something against City so if he said that about Hart he must know deep down that his few mistakes he's made in the last year are nothing to worry about?

Look at Neuer against Chelsea the other week made a right fook up against Hazard and that's only 1 fook up most of us know about he might have dropped a few clangers in the past in the league and he's still regarded as another great goalkeeper. Both in their mid 20's so are still yet to have their best years of football.

Keepers fuck up it happens but I'd be more worried if it was a common occurrence.

I was cheering Joe's catches and punches on Saturday and hopefully this is the start of a return to form.

However, Joe is not in the same league as Neuer who I have seen play a lot of times. A case in point is that people can highlight one or two mistakes amongst Neuer's many excellent performances. In contrast, Joe's biggest supporters on here highlight a a few good games he had last season when this level of performance should be the norm for our and England's number one.

Just wish he would be more vocal, I want to hear him screaming at the back four o push out, when he's coming for a cross or keeping the back line in order when necessary.

The south stand are normally the ones telling the back four to push the line up and get our own box after clearing

Good, solid performance from him after a tough few weeks, keep it up Hart.

stonerblue said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
stonerblue said:
just thought i'd bring up DeGea's kicking yesterday. Sunday morning stuff.
Yeah, how's his dandruff?

he was sporting a stunning mullet/mohican hybrid hairdo so i'm guessing he's problem free in that department.
Glad to hear it! So the only flakes in his life are his team-mates....

I think Hart has a tough job. He's very rarely involved in any game, more than any other PL team as far as I can tell. Tough to stay in games mentaly when you stand around for 90% of the game. For me his issues started after Mancini told him to shut up in the media after the Madrid game. It was after that everyone in the media started saying Joe was too big for his britches and was going to take a tumble. Became a self fullfilling profecy. I think he's lost some confidence and it's tough to build it back up when you are rarely tested. When he is it's built up even more pressure. He just seems to be focused on all the wrong things tactically. Too worried about the guys in the box on corners insteadould be of tracking the ball. So the problems should be fixable.

Mr. Aguia said:
I think Hart has a tough job. He's very rarely involved in any game, more than any other PL team as far as I can tell. Tough to stay in games mentaly when you stand around for 90% of the game. For me his issues started after Mancini told him to shut up in the media after the Madrid game. It was after that everyone in the media started saying Joe was too big for his britches and was going to take a tumble. Became a self fullfilling profecy. I think he's lost some confidence and it's tough to build it back up when you are rarely tested. When he is it's built up even more pressure. He just seems to be focused on all the wrong things tactically. Too worried about the guys in the box on corners insteadould be of tracking the ball. So the problems should be fixable.

If your ideas are true then it is a shame that Joe blamed the defence for the Madrid defeat that led to Mancin's comments. Joe also felt it was his role to criticise Aguero's performance against Liverpool. Both should have kept it in the dressing room.

If Joe is good enough then he will bounce back better than ever. His Head and Shoulders and Catwalk media exposure suggests he isn't lacking too much confidence or is covering it up very well.

One of Joe Hart's main problems is his nationality.Due to the media's desire for a heroic English keeper, a merely good performance will be wildly praised and any slip-up will be magnified out of all proportion.In addition, being English makes him a magnet for advertisers and lures him into the showbiz world where image is everything and hard work doesn't count.
Pellegrini has warned him he's not an automatic choice over Pantelimon without going so far as to ask the DOF to sign Begovic from Stoke-which Roberto Mancini reportedly did.So Hart knows he's got to work hard with the new coach, Mancesidor, to boost his command of his area and not rely on his spectacular shot-stopping.
It was interesting to see Schmeichel stand up for him on MOTD but also give him a free tutorial on defending corners.If Joe taped it and replays it from time to time, we should all see the benefit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.