joe hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
stonerblue said:
Len Rum said:
stonerblue said:
fuckin hell, you're determined to show us how shit Joe is aren't you?

Your idea of a mistake by the keeper, resulting directly in a goal, is a long long way from mine.
Allow me to explain.

If a corner kick is taken which the keeper should catch or punch, but he does neither, and the opposition score, then the goal is primarily the fault of the keeper, even though " a mistake by the keeper, resulting directly in a goal" hasn't been committed (Cardiff's second goal).

If the corner is flighted such that it is arguable whether the keeper should attack the ball or stay on his line then the keeper has to take one of these options. What he shouldn't do is come for the ball then change his mind and retreat to his line which is what Joe did for Cardiff's third goal.Consequently he wasn't in a position to either punch or catch the corner or save it,instead he was floundering in 'no man's land'. Admittedly the corner should have been cleared by a defenderbut if Joe had made the right decision he could have cleared the corner or maybe saved it despite the defender's error.That is why I stated he was partially at fault.

For Scotland's goal, he has only been defended by one 'expert' -Chris Woods - albeit belatedly. Just about everybody else was of the view that an international keeper should have saved that shot.

Good goalkeeping is about more than just "not making mistakes which lead directly to a goal".

You said it, yet you want to drop Joe because he didn't catch one corner?

Using your management skills we'd have a different keeper every other week.

I thought Hart was fouled in one of the corners scored, cant remember which one as I was quite pissed

stonerblue said:
Len Rum said:
stonerblue said:
fuckin hell, you're determined to show us how shit Joe is aren't you?

Your idea of a mistake by the keeper, resulting directly in a goal, is a long long way from mine.
Allow me to explain.

If a corner kick is taken which the keeper should catch or punch, but he does neither, and the opposition score, then the goal is primarily the fault of the keeper, even though " a mistake by the keeper, resulting directly in a goal" hasn't been committed (Cardiff's second goal).

If the corner is flighted such that it is arguable whether the keeper should attack the ball or stay on his line then the keeper has to take one of these options. What he shouldn't do is come for the ball then change his mind and retreat to his line which is what Joe did for Cardiff's third goal.Consequently he wasn't in a position to either punch or catch the corner or save it,instead he was floundering in 'no man's land'. Admittedly the corner should have been cleared by a defenderbut if Joe had made the right decision he could have cleared the corner or maybe saved it despite the defender's error.That is why I stated he was partially at fault.

For Scotland's goal, he has only been defended by one 'expert' -Chris Woods - albeit belatedly. Just about everybody else was of the view that an international keeper should have saved that shot.

Good goalkeeping is about more than just "not making mistakes which lead directly to a goal".

Nope, not "one corner"- two corners plus the Scotland game plus Saints, Sunderland and West Ham last season plus a few dodgy England performances (Sweden to mention one), marginal goals he might have stopped last season -Spurs at home,l'Pool at home,Utd at home, and overall not dealing particularly well with crosses.

Len Rum said:
stonerblue said:
Len Rum said:
Allow me to explain.

Nope, not "one corner"- two corners plus the Scotland game plus Saints, Sunderland and West Ham last season plus a few dodgy England performances (Sweden to mention one), marginal goals he might have stopped last season -Spurs at home,l'Pool at home,Utd at home, and overall not dealing particularly well with crosses.

So we're dropping players based on their national performances as well now?

Bloody hell!!

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Len Rum said:
stonerblue said:
[/b]

Bloody hell!!
And marginal goals

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Len Rum said:

Bloody hell!!
And marginal goals
Yep,marginal ones, the ones top quality keepers save which win you games.

Len Rum said:
stonerblue said:
Len Rum said:
Allow me to explain.

I dont know how many more times i have to point it out to you that the west ham goal was because he had pulled his back a couple of mins earlier and could not bend down.you have been against joe for ages and even if he saved everything for the rest of the season you would continue to pick at him

karen7 said:
Len Rum said:
stonerblue said:
[/b]

I dont know how many more times i have to point it out to you that the west ham goal was because he had pulled his back a couple of mins earlier and could not bend down.you have been against joe for ages and even if he saved everything for the rest of the season you would continue to pick at him
No I wouldn't .I want him to improve and get back to the keeper he was when we won the Prem.I'm only saying it as I see it at the moment

champ16ns2012 said:
Leave our Joe alone.
Agreed. Some of the things people have written about him are disgusting. He has the potential to be the very best in the world but the media seem determined for that not to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.