joe hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueTG said:
Tim of the Oak said:
BlueTG said:
Apparently.
Also did his job in that early one on one hull missed, granted he should have scored but he was out fast, put the pressure on and closed the gap. An underrated skill of goalkeepers when they get it right. He did all he could and well, two clean sheets in a row so keep him in and build his confidence not shoot it down when he has the ground to build it up.

I get your point although it is a tad to praise Hart for a save Joe didn't make. Yes coming off his line for 1 on 1s and spreading himself is one of Joe's strengths. even if Hull had scored in that moment he shouldn't have faced any criticism because it was a very clear cut chance. People's concerns about Joe centre on mistakes from corners, distribution and how he forced his way into the Cup Final team. Leaving the Head and Shoulders advert to one side.
I gather that, I just think maybe dropping him would have been ideal when he made the mistakes, not now he has been given a longer run and anther chance to prove his worth in which so far he's not dropped another bollock.
By all means give him a sit on the bench, but not when he hasn't made a mistake with a few more games under his belt since.

Regarding the cup final, I'm of the belief that if pants didnt do that interview then he would have played. Stupid timing to do that interview.

I agree that Pants should have kept quiet

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Len Rum said:
stonerblue said:
Some clowns seem to think a goalkeeper responds to 'competition' from the bench.

Keepers keep their place unless they
a- get injured
b- drop a series of bollocks

Non of which Hart has done.
a -correct Joe hasn't been injured
b -he's dropped two already this season and quite a few last season.

I'd say the one where he missed the punch against Cardiff classes as one can't recall another that he's made though?
Scotland's first goal
Also he was partially at fault for Cardiff's third goal getting stuck in no man's land from the corner.

All Joe needs is a decent coach and mentor. He's without doubt the best keeper we've had since Tony Cotton. He needs nurturing,that's all,nurturing.<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:04 pm --<br /><br />All Joe needs is a decent coach and mentor. He's without doubt the best keeper we've had since Tony Cotton. He needs nurturing,that's all,nurturing.

Len Rum said:
Len Rum said:
a -correct Joe hasn't been injured
b -he's dropped two already this season and quite a few last season.

I'd say the one where he missed the punch against Cardiff classes as one can't recall another that he's made though?
Scotland's first goal
Also he was partially at fault for Cardiff's third goal getting stuck in no man's land from the corner.

fuckin hell, you're determined to show us how shit Joe is aren't you?

Your idea of a mistake by the keeper, resulting directly in a goal, is a long long way from mine.

stonerblue said:
Len Rum said:
Scotland's first goal

Your idea of a mistake by the keeper, resulting directly in a goal, is a long long way from mine.
Allow me to explain.

If a corner kick is taken which the keeper should catch or punch, but he does neither, and the opposition score, then the goal is primarily the fault of the keeper, even though " a mistake by the keeper, resulting directly in a goal" hasn't been committed (Cardiff's second goal).

If the corner is flighted such that it is arguable whether the keeper should attack the ball or stay on his line then the keeper has to take one of these options. What he shouldn't do is come for the ball then change his mind and retreat to his line which is what Joe did for Cardiff's third goal.Consequently he wasn't in a position to either punch or catch the corner or save it,instead he was floundering in 'no man's land'. Admittedly the corner should have been cleared by a defenderbut if Joe had made the right decision he could have cleared the corner or maybe saved it despite the defender's error.That is why I stated he was partially at fault.

For Scotland's goal, he has only been defended by one 'expert' -Chris Woods - albeit belatedly. Just about everybody else was of the view that an international keeper should have saved that shot.

Good goalkeeping is about more than just "not making mistakes which lead directly to a goal".

Len Rum said:
stonerblue said:
Len Rum said:
Scotland's first goal

Allow me to explain.

If a corner kick is taken which the keeper should catch or punch, but he does neither, and the opposition score, then the goal is primarily the fault of the keeper, even though " a mistake by the keeper, resulting directly in a goal" hasn't been committed (Cardiff's second goal).

If the corner is flighted such that it is arguable whether the keeper should attack the ball or stay on his line then the keeper has to take one of these options. What he shouldn't do is come for the ball then change his mind and retreat to his line which is what Joe did for Cardiff's third goal.Consequently he wasn't in a position to either punch or catch the corner or save it,instead he was floundering in 'no man's land'. Admittedly the corner should have been cleared by a defenderbut if Joe had made the right decision he could have cleared the corner or maybe saved it despite the defender's error.That is why I stated he was partially at fault.

For Scotland's goal, he has only been defended by one 'expert' -Chris Woods - albeit belatedly. Just about everybody else was of the view that an international keeper should have saved that shot.

Good goalkeeping is about more than just "not making mistakes which lead directly to a goal".

Take it you played in goal

grim up north said:
Len Rum said:
stonerblue said:

Allow me to explain.

Take it you played in goal
Yep. Guilty as charged.

Len Rum said:
stonerblue said:
Len Rum said:
Scotland's first goal

Allow me to explain.

You said it, yet you want to drop Joe because he didn't catch one corner?

Using your management skills we'd have a different keeper every other week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.