joe hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
dom said:
Len Rum said:
CITYBOY1000 said:
Pants is a good keeper and deserves some games. Their confidence starts to drop if they keep getting over-looked.

What's the point of training and staying fit every day when you know you will never get a look-in.

He's never let us down.

It's hard to comment on Hart. Should he have saved any of those 3 goals today ? We don't know because we don't have anyone to compare him with. Maybe Pants would have reached that cross at Wembly against Wigan. Maybe he would have stopped their first goal today. Can he deal with free-kicks better? We don't know. We haven't given him a run of games to prove himself. We just seem to have a blind allegience to Hart - probably because he's English and homegrown in many cases.

He is a top keeper and has proven that but nobody should be guaranteed a place in the starting line-up. Pants should be given a chance.

Give Pants a chance !
Give Pants a chance !
All we are saying is give Pants a chance!

Where's John Lennon when you need him?

Yeh but in what games?
Cup matches IMHO until he has clearly proved that he's better than JH
He is better than Joe in the air , that's clear. As Joe is generally failing in all other aspects of his goalkeeping then Pants deserves his chance.

His positioning was as bad as his decision making, I can't see what's got into him this last year. His previous talents have waned, he needs to go back to basics.

Too busy doing head and shoulder commercials. Seriously a goalkeeper must be a priority in the summer if Joe keeps this form up.

Has he bulked up or something? May be my imagination but he seems less mobile and sharp than he used to be. Used to pull off some near impossible world class saves, you rarely see them now. Would he have stood still for the free kick 2 years ago? I don't think he is beyond hope, he's had some decent games this season, but was clearly much better 2-3 years ago.

LoveCity said:
Has he bulked up or something? May be my imagination but he seems less mobile and sharp than he used to be. Used to pull off some near impossible world class saves, you rarely see them now. Would he have stood still for the free kick 2 years ago? I don't think he is beyond hope, he's had some decent games this season, but was clearly much better 2-3 years ago.

Similar to what I said on the previous page. Almost looks leaden footed, but at the same time doesn't look 'bulked up.' He just looks almost lethargic. He did nothing for their third goal, nothing.

Blue Haze said:
Seems like he was better 3 years ago than today. Anyone remember the Joe Hart who saved us at Tottenham with a Superman performance?

He must be feeling the heat after Platt's comments that Mancini planned to replace him.
Yeah he played great that day. Could it have been that he felt he had something to prove after going to the world cup and sitting on the bench the whole time? Maybe.

In a situation where the top gk is not at the top of his game it's always difficult to know what will make him respond. Letting Joe sit a game or 2 might help him to see the game better/play better... or he could just get angry and act like a child. I think Pants has played well for us and deserves a shot at something more than domestic cups.

I do feel overall Hart played better a few years ago than he is right now.

LoveCity said:

From my viewpoint in the Upper Tier I could look down a straight line of ball-wall-Hart, there was no way he could see the ball until it was above the height of the wall by which time it was too late anyway. As was pointed out earlier, last week he took up a position where he could see Rooney strike the ball and as a result he came very close to saving it.

As far as his mobility and sharpness goes you may have a point, for the first goal I think he'd have got something on that 2 years ago,maybe not have prevented the goal but I do think from that angle with the ball being hit across him he should get a touch of some sort.

Len Rum said:
CITYBOY1000 said:
Pants is a good keeper and deserves some games. Their confidence starts to drop if they keep getting over-looked.

What's the point of training and staying fit every day when you know you will never get a look-in.

He's never let us down.

It's hard to comment on Hart. Should he have saved any of those 3 goals today ? We don't know because we don't have anyone to compare him with. Maybe Pants would have reached that cross at Wembly against Wigan. Maybe he would have stopped their first goal today. Can he deal with free-kicks better? We don't know. We haven't given him a run of games to prove himself. We just seem to have a blind allegience to Hart - probably because he's English and homegrown in many cases.

He is a top keeper and has proven that but nobody should be guaranteed a place in the starting line-up. Pants should be given a chance.

Give Pants a chance !
Give Pants a chance !
All we are saying is give Pants a chance!

Where's John Lennon when you need him?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI7-xyue8H0[/youtube]

feel he's been made a scapegoat.

Yes he's made mistakes.
Yes he's had a poor year.
Yes he could and should do better.

but ultimately...

we know how good he is.
players in outfield positions have been as mediocre (the likes of Silva and Nasri etc.)
he needs time with the new keeping coach to work on issues and build a rapport.
the last goalkeeping coach was with him 3 years and didn't resolve any of Hart's weaknesses, a coach who was appointed by a manager who then decided he wanted shot when his coach had failed him.
He's England's #1, our #1, home grown and needs something that English players rarely get and that's support instead of slating.

and even if you want to be cynical:

We'd need to sign another English or produce another one to replace him in our quota. There aren't any available that are good enough.

There's a world class keeper in there, he needs time, patience, support and an improved coaching structure around it. Hopefully Pelle and his boys can deliver on that and keep his feet on the ground and get him back on track.

I'm going to back him. I know Casillas has been muted but I wouldn't swap Hart for any keeper, there's no need, all there's need for is a good coaching setup around him and proper management. With that our world class players will start showing that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.