joe hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluethai said:
Watched highlight again his positioning for Villa's free kick was very bad.

It wasn't good , but neither was the needless free kick that Nastasic stupidly gave away to put Joe under pressure .......

JoeMercer'sWay said:
feel he's been made a scapegoat.

Yes he's made mistakes.
Yes he's had a poor year.
Yes he could and should do better.

but ultimately...

we know how good he is.
players in outfield positions have been as mediocre (the likes of Silva and Nasri etc.)
he needs time with the new keeping coach to work on issues and build a rapport.
the last goalkeeping coach was with him 3 years and didn't resolve any of Hart's weaknesses, a coach who was appointed by a manager who then decided he wanted shot when his coach had failed him.
He's England's #1, our #1, home grown and needs something that English players rarely get and that's support instead of slating.

and even if you want to be cynical:

We'd need to sign another English or produce another one to replace him in our quota. There aren't any available that are good enough.

There's a world class keeper in there, he needs time, patience, support and an improved coaching structure around it. Hopefully Pelle and his boys can deliver on that and keep his feet on the ground and get him back on track.

I'm going to back him. I know Casillas has been muted but I wouldn't swap Hart for any keeper, there's no need, all there's need for is a good coaching setup around him and proper management. With that our world class players will start showing that again.

I agree with the highlighted bit but while he's "getting back on track" are we going to lose more games because we keep picking him? It's an even more relevant question when the defence in front of him is going AWOL with alarming regularity - in those situations we need a keeper at the top of his game.

lancs blue said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Yes he's made mistakes.

but ultimately...

we know how good he is.
players in outfield positions have been as mediocre (the likes of Silva and Nasri etc.)
the last goalkeeping coach was with him 3 years and didn't resolve any of Hart's weaknesses, a coach who was appointed by a manager who then decided he wanted shot when his coach had failed him.
He's England's #1, our #1, home grown and needs something that English players rarely get and that's support instead of slating.

We'd need to sign another English or produce another one to replace him in our quota. There aren't any available that are good enough.

There's a world class keeper in there, he needs time, patience, support and an improved coaching structure around it. Hopefully Pelle and his boys can deliver on that and keep his feet on the ground and get him back on track.

I'm going to back him. I know Casillas has been muted but I wouldn't swap Hart for any keeper, there's no need, all there's need for is a good coaching setup around him and proper management. With that our world class players will start showing that again.

I agree with the highlighted bit but while he's "getting back on track" are we going to lose more games because we keep picking him? It's an even more relevant question when the defence in front of him is going AWOL with alarming regularity - in those situations we need a keeper at the top of his game.

We just need the outfield players to do their jobs away from home for once.

Not a lot Pants would have done with those goals imo, he may have got lucky with one because of his size but genes are not a reason to drop your #1 keeper.

Sometimes Joe is phenomenal coming out and stopping 1v1s. When he comes out further than he should he looks like a rabbit in the headlights.

The way we threw the game away smacked of a lack of professionalism and self control ...... it's a fair bet that Arsenal wouldn't have thrown that lead away today , and Spurs knocked four goals in there in midweek.

Villa werepoor ,and scored with practically the ONLY chances that they had ..... whilst we could easily have had eight or nine goals if we'd been more clinical in front of goal.

We had 67% of the possession today , and 20 shots to their 8 (BBC Stats) .... but somehow we lost a game we definitely ought to have won.

black mamba said:
The way we threw the game away smacked of a lack of professionalism and self control ...... it's a fair bet that Arsenal wouldn't have thrown that lead away , and Chelsea knocked four goals in there in midweek.

Villa werepoor ,and scored with practically the ONLY chances that they had ..... whilst we could easily have had eight or nine goals if we'd been more clinical in front of goal.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2ntzwDwH9g[/youtube]

Gareth Barry Manilow said:
black mamba said:
The way we threw the game away smacked of a lack of professionalism and self control ...... it's a fair bet that Arsenal wouldn't have thrown that lead away , and Spurs knocked four goals in there in midweek.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2ntzwDwH9g[/youtube]

Start of the season wobble , Villas biggest , and probably only , highlight ..... hardly likely to happen now though , is it ??

And , to be honest , i really meant away from home with the sides in their current form .... .

JoeMercer'sWay said:

Yes he's made mistakes.

but ultimately...

we know how good he is.

Is this based on alleged David Platt quotes that the man himself took to twitter to confirm were not true?

Yet to see the highlights of today's game but I'm sure Joe isn't the sole reason we lost this game. I'm sure though that Kolarov is relieved not to be this weeks scapegoat.

Just saw that FK again, pretty shocking positioning from England's No. 1. It looks like he saw it late, but that's not an excuse either.

Jumanji said:
Just saw that FK again, pretty shocking positioning from England's No. 1. It looks like he saw it late, but that's not an excuse either.

Absolute nonsense. If he would've stood in the middle of the goal and the free kick would've been put into the opposite corner, the same people would be slagging him off for not protecting 'his' side of the goal.

Sometimes a free kick is bent expertly into the top corner and it is nobody's fault. This is one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.