Joe Harts Kicking

Bobbies Black Bins said:
He's slow to come for balls, very suspect at corners and free kicks, very weak on his left hand side and his kicking is the worst in any goalkeeper in the prem.

Why does every kick go down the left 3 yards from the touchline?

I'd give Costel the shirt from now till the end of the season.

Several advantages: Keeps their fulback from making runs, he's got to be there for the kick out. If they put a defender on the kick out he's more likely to try and put the ball out because he's been dragged out of his central position so throw for City. Less chance of the ball coming straight back at us. Stretches the back line. Kick it down the middle and it's easier for the defender to head it out even if you've got a top class target man, which we haven't.

We've kicked the ball to the sidelines for a number of years, it's obviously being used as a tactic. Joe's kicking has become more accurate in the 2nd half of this season but we still don't kick it out nearly as much as we used to do before we changed to building up from the back style of play.

Dzeko is not a target man, he likes the ball in front of him to head or run on to, not behind him to flick on or lay off. We don't play to these strengths and don't change to doing this when he plays, so he is wasted in our team.

Bobbies Black Bins said:
We insisted on keeping Dzeko on but not once did Joe try to find him every kick went left 3 yards from the touchline.

Not kicking it to that big lump was a very good decision.

mcfcgto said:
Manchester_City_Blue said:
Agree with the OP 9 times out of ten it goes to the opposition or out of play.

Has anyone noticed the same with throw in's -----nearly always give possession away or am I neurotic ?
You're exactly right. Goal kicks,throw ins and even free kicks - possession is either given straight back or within one/two touches at most. It's been like this for at least two seasons and nothing has been done to address it. It's particularly bad when we're under the cosh and need to frustrate the opposition or slow the game down and give the defence a rest. Also in the last few minutes of games when we're winning we seem unable to retain possession - Ya Ya's free kick against United in the last minute being a prime example.

mcfcgto said:
Manchester_City_Blue said:
Agree with the OP 9 times out of ten it goes to the opposition or out of play.

Has anyone noticed the same with throw in's -----nearly always give possession away or am I neurotic ?

You beat me to it! I thought it was just me but at throw in's we just seem to give possesion away all the time. There was pime example today we had YaYa stood on his own and we threw the ball into a bunch of taller Spurs players surrounding Carlos, we were doing it against Wigan and Chelsea last week.

Isaksson's kicking was absolutely dreadful, ruined him as a keeper. Hart's definitely isn't his strongest suit but there are plenty of positives to make up for it.

Pantilimon is rangy and is a daunting figure, but he needs the confidence from a first team run. I just can't see him getting that at City.

No disrespect to hart, but lloris showed how much of a better keeper he is today than hart. For the first goal, vinny was at fault but hart could have easily claimed it. The second, hart could and should have saved but the third was out of his reach. You can only look at lloris and his stop against tevez's header as one of his good saves. I would give pants a run tbh just to see how he would do, since the league is all but over. IMO that first goal would have been stopped had it been pants since he is faster to react.

tonycunninghamsbonce said:
Sell him, he can go with Mancini and richards, none of them are good enough
Did you see Richards last season?

You sound like a rag to me with your daft comments

pudge said:
It's not so much his kicking but the fact he was kicking it to Kolarov, who can't win a header to save himself.

He would have won every header had he been 11 foot tall. Harts kicking today was appalling

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.