John Guidetti: 20 goals and 6 assists in 23 for Feyenoord

if he isn't given a chance then it will just be embarrassing, as he literally couldn't have done more during his loan spell. he at least deserves a squad place until january

The Mirror says we're sending him back to Feyenoord for another year... really? Better than selling him but seems incredibly pointless when we have Premier League and Bundesliga teams after him. His contract has 1 year left next summer, if we can't get him to extend this summer I can see him seeing it out and leaving for nothing if we don't offer him regular football here.

Going Dutch: Guidetti heading BACK to Feyenoord

Manchester City are ready to send striker John Guidetti back to Feyenoord on loan for another year, writes Alan Nixon.

Guidetti was a big hit in Holland in his first spell and City think the young Swede would benefit from another season there before trying to make an impact in the Premier League.

John Guidetti of Feyenoord Rotterdam No clogger: Guidetti is full of potential but isn't ready for the Premier League
Getty

The 20-year-old, who has been capped once by Sweden already, is thought likely to accept the club's wishes.

I don't believe this. There will be plenty of clubs who are either interested in loaning or signing him. There is also still 2 months until the end of the transfer window. I hope he will come back to my club but I don't see it happen unfortunately.

I'd really like to see Guidetti get game time with us next season, more competition for places and the fact he'll want to prove something to us and the watching world will almost certainly mean good things for the squad.

Newcastle are also in for the lad now apparently.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2162359/Newcastle-join-Sunderland-race-Man-City-striker-John-Guidetti.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... detti.html</a>

If we could get a loan move I feel Sunderland would be a good option as Martin O'neil doesn't seem to trust any of the strikers currently on the books, judging from the continued use of Bentner last season. Swansea are still an option with a new manager likely wanting to make some changes to make the team his own.

Should loan him to Sunderland. Recognition for their fans excellent behaviour in reverence to the champions on the historic last day of the season.

Sunderland or Newcastle for me with a preference for the Mackems as Martin O'Neill will get the best out of him. I want to keep Guidetti at the Club but think a season in the Premiership at another Club will make us see how well he's done without us having to play him regularly.

This De Fanti chap again:

Manchester City striker John Guidetti dreams of a move to Italy to play for Lazio, according to his agent.

Guidetti made a huge impact on loan at Feyenoord last season, scoring 20 goals in 23 Eredivisie games for the club.

The 20-year-old Sweden international has already expressed an unwillingness to return to City if it is to play reserve team football so is eyeing another loan move elsewhere.

Lazio are near the top of the list of possible destinations for the forward, according to Guidetti's agent Roberto De Fanti.

De Fanti told cittaceleste.it: "I cannot hide, I have spoken with Lazio about Guidetti because several Italian and European clubs like him.

"He is the best under-21 striker in Europe, he played well in a league where champions like (Ruud) Van Nistelrooy and (Marco) Van Basten found their limelight.

"If Lazio does not complete the signing of (Trabzonspor striker, Burak) Yilmaz, I think it could open a door for Guidetti.

"He wants to continue his growth process, in a club where he could play with continuity, even behind someone like (Miroslav) Klose with whom he could only improve.

"There would be every reason to talk about this negotiation. Guidetti dreams of Italy."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7843418/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7843418/</a>

LoveCity said:
This De Fanti chap again:

Manchester City striker John Guidetti dreams of a move to Italy to play for Lazio, according to his agent.

Guidetti made a huge impact on loan at Feyenoord last season, scoring 20 goals in 23 Eredivisie games for the club.

The 20-year-old Sweden international has already expressed an unwillingness to return to City if it is to play reserve team football so is eyeing another loan move elsewhere.

Lazio are near the top of the list of possible destinations for the forward, according to Guidetti's agent Roberto De Fanti.

De Fanti told cittaceleste.it: "I cannot hide, I have spoken with Lazio about Guidetti because several Italian and European clubs like him.

"He is the best under-21 striker in Europe, he played well in a league where champions like (Ruud) Van Nistelrooy and (Marco) Van Basten found their limelight.

"If Lazio does not complete the signing of (Trabzonspor striker, Burak) Yilmaz, I think it could open a door for Guidetti.

"He wants to continue his growth process, in a club where he could play with continuity, even behind someone like (Miroslav) Klose with whom he could only improve.

"There would be every reason to talk about this negotiation. Guidetti dreams of Italy."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7843418/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7843418/</a>

Only agents talk last week it was english and german clubs ofc his italian agent want him to go italy but its up to city. Serie A is abit shit atm with only 60% full stadiums, and he doesnt even speak italian. Gladbach or Sunderland loan would be better. Also some clubs have offered like 7-8 million euro so city might sell him for 7-9 million.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.