John Guidetti

Telegraph...........

Lambert, the Aston Villa manager, will enter the January chase to sign the Sweden international for the rest of the season, with old mentor Martin O’Neill likely to prove one of his main competitors.’

Lambert had Guidetti scouted extensively during his loan spell at Feyenoord last season, where the youngster scored 20 goals in 23 appearances for the Dutch club.

And he will attempt to persuade Mancini that moving to Villa for four months will help Guidetti’s progression as he bids to become a regular at Manchester City, though Sunderland and Galatasaray are also interested.’

The Villa move would be perfect.

They have a young,hard working,progressing team with a manager who knows his stuff.John would hopefully get good game time and could learn plenty there.

Also an opportunity for us to put first dabs on Benteke....!

I think a loan move to a bottom half premier league side like Villa would be ideal as Lambert is promoting youth within the club. He's got confidence in abundance and you can tell he's keen to prove a point. Also might give Mario the wake-up call he so desperately needs...however that's highly unlikely he's not done anything to suggest he can put a shift in. Too stubborn thinking 'I can put half-arsed performances and I'm still the best in the world' deluded mentality. It could be a winner for all parties concerned. Overall though I'd prefer to give John a run in the team as he's got the right attitude.

I remember watching him on that states tour a year or two back. Couldnt hit a baen door on that day but there was one massive thing in his favour he really cared about the shirt. Was gutted he kept missing. Whether he get a chance or not, and whether he is good or not, we cant buy that desire

noise said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Is he back in full training yet? I would have him over Balotelli and Dzeko everyday of the week.
This made me chuckle..

Totally agree. To compare him favourably to regular international players like Dzeko and Balo is wrong in my opinion.
I have seen Guidetti quite a lot (EDS matches) and never once thought he was certainty to 'make it,' with us.
His main asset is his confidence and that should not be an underestimated value.
He thinks he's a star, and has a belief that he will score in every game.
However I got the impression him scoring was more important than the result. Not saying this as fact just the impression I got.

Pubteam Lomas said:
noise said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Is he back in full training yet? I would have him over Balotelli and Dzeko everyday of the week.
This made me chuckle..

Totally agree. To compare him favourably to regular international players like Dzeko and Balo is wrong in my opinion.
I have seen Guidetti quite a lot (EDS matches) and never once thought he was certainty to 'make it,' with us.
His main asset is his confidence and that should not be an underestimated value.
He thinks he's a star, and has a belief that he will score in every game.
However I got the impression him scoring was more important than the result. Not saying this as fact just the impression I got.

Well, overall I agree with you.

About scoring more important than the result. He has said, like many other youth players that most often that is what the coaches only cares about. The dont care if you play well or put in a good performance, if you dont score, they arent interested....

In Sweden it´s mostly about the team but when Swedish youths sign for England clubs they quickly have to change their mind. Its all about the individual and all of your teammates dont want you to succeed. The competition for the players are mainly within their own youthteam, not between their youthteam and others...

When did he last play a game?

Is he genuinely match fit, or just no longer injured/ill?

Surely he needs a run of games at a lower level before he could even be considered for our first team?

FantasyIreland said:
The Villa move would be perfect.

They have a young,hard working,progressing team with a manager who knows his stuff.John would hopefully get good game time and could learn plenty there.

Also an opportunity for us to put first dabs on Benteke....!

Absolutely. Would be a perfect move for him and like you say first dibs on Benteke could be useful...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.