John Stones - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Stones stats [The Guardian]

Stones is on a run of
35-20e3.png
Premier League games without committing a foul.

City haven't conceded a goal from open play since Stones returned to the starting XI vs Liverpool (Oct 7).

Stones has the highest pass completion rate in the league

Last edited by a moderator:
Stones deserves so much credit for the way he has developed under difficult circumstances. He made a few high profile mistakes when he first joined us and he was instantly written off by everyone in the media and became a running joke amongst the fans of our rivals. Even some of our own fans had written him off as a flop. But he got his head down, listened to what Pep had to teach him, bulked up so he would no longer get out muscled off the ball and trusted himself to continue playing the way he knows he can and he is now one of Europe's finest defenders.

It would have been so easy for a 22 year old lad to let his head drop and let the pressure get to him and eventually end up being sold but he had the bottle to make everyone choke on their words.

Stones deserves so much credit for the way he has developed under difficult circumstances. He made a few high profile mistakes when he first joined us and he was instantly written off by everyone in the media and became a running joke amongst the fans of our rivals. Even some of our own fans had written him off as a flop. But he got his head down, listened to what Pep had to teach him, bulked up so he would no longer get out muscled off the ball and trusted himself to continue playing the way he knows he can and he is now one of Europe's finest defenders.

It would have been so easy for a 22 year old lad to let his head drop and let the pressure get to him and eventually end up being sold but he had the bottle to make everyone choke on their words.
I thought he was a stupid signing (at the price) and thought he was even worse than I feared in his first year. I thought the same about Sterling. It's really strange because usually I'm right about everything. As you obviously know already.

I thought he was a stupid signing (at the price) and thought he was even worse than I feared in his first year. I thought the same about Sterling. It's really strange because usually I'm right about everything. As you obviously know already.
So you are 2 less right than I am. I was so on the bandwagon for John Stones.

He represented everything I had wanted in a CB and had been whining about since the take over.

A ball playing Centerback! John Stones was everything I envisioned a Centerback to be.

Loved Sterling too. The idea of getting the best young English player always thrills me.

He always had the raw materials,he just needed to someone to help iron out the creases.So while his signing may have appeared somewhat of a gamble to many,i'm fairly confident our management didnt.

He beautifully blends the qualities of the best that have gone before him,and without doubt he's the best centre half England have right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.