John Stones - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Potentially, one of England's best ever centre-backs.
In kids' football, I used to shudder at the shouts of. "Get rid!" Thank God he didn't listen and is now at the apex of influencing the way English teams play football.

He always had the raw materials,he just needed to someone to help iron out the creases.So while his signing may have appeared somewhat of a gamble to many,i'm fairly confident our management didnt.

He beautifully blends the qualities of the best that have gone before him,and without doubt he's the best centre half England have right now.
Nah, Gomez and Maguire best pairing for England. Ian Wright said so.

Nah, Gomez and Maguire best pairing for England. Ian Wright said so.

I find it absolutely bizarre that pundits can still think a player who plays regularly for City or in Stones’s case a key player and picked in big games for City wouldn’t be first name on the team sheet.

It’s much the same with Delph, people surprised at his ability.
Look at his closest rivals. Dier & Henderdon wouldn’t get squad numbers at City.
Nor would half the England squad for that matter.

Reactions: SVP
I find it absolutely bizarre that pundits can still think a player who plays regularly for City or in Stones’s case a key player and picked in big games for City wouldn’t be first name on the team sheet.

It’s much the same with Delph, people surprised at his ability.
Look at his closest rivals. Dier & Henderdon wouldn’t get squad numbers at City.
Nor would half the England squad for that matter.
Wright is something of a "prisoner of the moment".
Do something memorable in a meaningful match and you're in his good books for a considerable amount of time despite the fact that you may have been ordinary many times since.

I feel like people aren’t appreciating the ‘no fouls in 5 games’ stat enough.

That’s fucking mad!

Once again the ball outside Stones has led to a goal,in this case the 2nd one last night. That's 3 now if you include the 2 recent penalties. Should we be concerned?

Well the ball was inside Stones this time and Laporte came across to cover. The fact remains that we've conceded 3 goals from pretty similar situations and through balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.