John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was very critical of Stones before and after he signed. As I was with a Sterling and Walker. But all 3 have proven me wrong for periods of time and just when I think I've done them a disservice they go through an awful patch again.

That's English players for ya.

Hopefully Foden's generation have the missing consistency.

I said about 6 months ago I hope he does well but I don't expect him to, and I'm not going to invest any energy as a supporter in hoping John Stones comes good because he's had so many false dawns.

I'm basically writing him off but would be happy to be proven wrong.

The problem with Stones, even if he goes on to be in the form of his life for the remainder of the season and proves us wrong, there's no indication that it will continue going into the next campaign and therein lies the problem. We've been there before and when we think he's finally turned a corner, he takes two steps back.

He just represents a risk and if there's someone offering us reasonable money in the summer, I think it's best for all parties that he goes.

His crossfield balls are shit, there's no pace on them whatsoever and the opposition manages to get back into position

Not too many players who we have signed of his age go backwards in terms of value, particularly under Pep, but he has. I don’t think we would get more than half what we paid for him if we sold him now. I can’t imagine Pep being impressed with him this season though. Been really poor overall.

Odd timing of the post but Fernandinho a class act of course. Stones frustrates me as much as anyone but he is/has clearly gone through a lot of stuff this season. Pep was all over him after the final and I think he's earned himself a bit more time.

The fact Fernandinho felt the need to post that is pretty concerning.
Hopefully John doesn’t have an account on BM and hasn’t spent too much time on Twitter.

Human interaction, especially the relatively anonymous sort, has become frighteningly toxic, particularly toward him.

The fact Fernandinho felt the need to post that is pretty concerning.
What’s interesting is that according to a very close friend who is on the training ground every day with the first team, Stones is absolute different class on the training ground, but, as soon as he crosses the white line and goes out to play, his confidence just completely goes, basically his head is gone, he is like a rabbit in the headlights and the mistakes he makes are so telling during the games he has played..sad really...he will end up becoming a journeyman probably at one of the smaller teams in Spain, as he has no chance of getting his career together with us as he has plateaued..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.