John/Taupin v Lennon/McCartney

who set the benchmark?

50% of lennon/McCartney is pop music guff then a mild dable in drugs and culture, but always with comercial angle.

output wise great songwriters could churn out hits, content wise many other did quality over quantity.

Ray Davies amd alway will be the best song writer of the time UK (60s/70s) and criminally.underated

Lennon & McCartney for me. Changed music , they developed with every album they wrote. From She Loves You to A Day In the Life in 3 years...Nobody knew what to expect next, amazing time the 60s.
Quality songs as well, that's why there are approximately 30,000 cover versions of their songs by the worlds top artists.

Also 30 number 1 singles and 12 number 1 albums in 7 years.

Last edited:
The Beatles have more good songs and a wider range of styles, but I think The Rolling Stones’ best songs are better than The Beatles’ best songs.

Therefore, maybe Jagger and Richards, for me.

Although, I can’t be doing with Jagger’s fake Southern American accent on a shit load of tracks by the Stones, so maybe not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.