John/Taupin v Lennon/McCartney

Okay.

Well discussed Lennon/McCartney are the benchmark.

I love most of the Beatles stuff and of course Lennon on his own, McCartney - hit and miss.
George - couple of decent efforts. Ringo? Yeah right.

Elton John and Bernie Taupin have churned out (to use the current vernacular) choon after choon!

I never thought I would look beyond the Beatles as a reference for defining British music, but, Elton is a pretty decent shout IMHO.

Shout out of course to: Bowie, Weller, Davies.

I am not talking about ‘influencing ‘ I am talking about how good is the content?
Regardless of the outputs from the respective duo's you were always in for some 'constructive' feedback from the Beatles-heads.........

Lennon & McCartney for me. Changed music , they developed with every album they wrote. From She Loves You to A Day In the Life in 3 years...Nobody knew what to expect next, amazing time the 60s.
Quality songs as well, that's why there are approximately 30,000 cover versions of their songs by the worlds top artists.

Also 30 number 1 singles and 12 number 1 albums in 7 years.
Come on BW we can't be using those stats - David May won some Premier Leagues and a Champions League FFS...........

Always hard to argue against The Beatles but people saying Elton (and Bernie) are shite are frankly clueless. Whether you like their music or not, they produced plenty of good music (of its kind).

Neither set are among my absolute favourites but I like plenty of their output.

I reckon Taupin is a more interesting lyricist that either Lennon or McCartney.

Always hard to argue against The Beatles but people saying Elton (and Bernie) are shite are frankly clueless. Whether you like their music or not, they produced plenty of good music (of its kind).

Neither set are among my absolute favourites but I like plenty of their output.

I reckon Taupin is a more interesting lyricist that either Lennon or McCartney.
Yep, loads of Beatles songs I enjoy and loads of Elton John music I enjoy.
A few from either I’m not overly keen on as well.
Who’d of thought you can like both for different reasons! :-)

Reactions: OB1
Exactly, can you imagine if a band now released yellow submarine or octopus' garden! They'd be laughed out of the studio. Fucking nursery rhyme level of shiteness.
What other major pop or rock band made songs for kids though.
My kids loved those songs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.