Joleon Lescott

Britpop95 said:
Shouldn't really be posting in this thread without having read that many comments in it but i'm wondering if this thread has resurfaced because Joleon fell on his arse and almost presented Cardiff with another goal towards the end. I think he's a decent player and i'd like to see him stay. Is he overrated? Not really, I don't think he's ever been particularly rated in the first place - good squad player in my mind and a definite starter for most teams outside the big guns in my book.

Overrated...I can give you 24 million reasons against

meeesh said:
Britpop95 said:
Shouldn't really be posting in this thread without having read that many comments in it but i'm wondering if this thread has resurfaced because Joleon fell on his arse and almost presented Cardiff with another goal towards the end. I think he's a decent player and i'd like to see him stay. Is he overrated? Not really, I don't think he's ever been particularly rated in the first place - good squad player in my mind and a definite starter for most teams outside the big guns in my book.

Are you sure?? You might want to think about what you have just said! Who scored the winner at Villa in the season we won the league on goal difference and who scored the second in that vital match when we beat Spurs 3-2 in the same season? How much did we get for winning the league and FA Cup? Lescott is worth every penny of that £24 Million and is a decent defender and he really isn't overrated in fact nobody actually rates him as a brilliant player

kippaxchris said:
meeesh said:
Britpop95 said:

Are you sure?? You might want to think about what you have just said! Who scored the winner at Villa in the season we won the league on goal difference and who scored the second in that vital match when we beat Spurs 3-2 in the same season? How much did we get for winning the league and FA Cup? Lescott is worth every penny of that £24 Million and is a decent defender and he really isn't overrated in fact nobody actually rates him as a brilliant player

I dont have to think about naff all,yea he chipped in 2 seasons ago,but is slowly becoming a liability now,worth every penny,dont talk fucking daft

meeesh said:
kippaxchris said:
meeesh said:

I dont have to think about naff all,yea he chipped in 2 seasons ago,but is slowly becoming a liability now,worth every penny,dont talk fucking daft

He did more than chip in he was our main defender alongside Kompany for the full season and scored some vital goals and for those reasons footballing ability aside he is worth the £24 million we supposedly paid for him!

FantasyIreland said:
An article on Newsnow suggesting Liverpool are preparing a bid.

Should caveat that by saying it's caughtoffside reporting the story, with no quotes. Doubt we'll be selling a centre half this window.

He was excellant alongside Kompany when we won the League and FA Cup,but was
a shadow of that last season.To be fair that goes for most of the team including Kompany,which is why we won bugger-all last term.
He is limited,and I would be surprised to say the least,if he was offered an extension to his contract.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.