Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he's a good defender and everything, but do we really want to spend £100m on a defender when Dias, Stones are first choice, and Ake/Akanji are more than capable as well? Need to bolster other parts of the pitch first. If Laporte leaves and is sold (which looks likely), we should be looking at Inigo Martinez type signings, who Barcelona look to be picking up on a free: experienced CB who won't mind being rotated
Or buying a left back like Theo Hernandez or Alfonso Davies

That's a bold claim to make mate... He's 22 & has all the raw materials of a top class centre back. I don't get how you can sense he's at his peak now & will never improve further? \0/
It is a bold claim nobody knows the future, but i will agree with you if you believe that he is worth breaking our defensive record, based on four players, all played in the Bundesliga at roughly the same age with lesser plaudits, Boateng, Upamecano, Konate and Tah. Is he better than those?

It is a bold claim nobody knows the future, but i will agree with you if you believe that he is worth breaking our defensive record, based on four players, all played in the Bundesliga at roughly the same age with lesser plaudits, Boateng, Upamecano, Konate and Tah. Is he better than those?
A player's only worth what we're willing to pay. Rumours are that we're willing to allow Laporté to leave if we can replace him with Gvardiol.

It's a decision for the club to make & I trust they'll make the correct call. As for how much he'll cost? I'm sure we'll take all factors into consideration...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.