Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best CB in the Bundesliga for a while now, so we want him for the same reason we want Bellingham, the same tier of players.

Do we value him as highly as Leipzig do?
Can't see us paying 100m plus on 2 separate players in summer unless we sell big.
I suppose if Bernie and Laport go that should be approx 130m incoming so it would be doable.
Piss would boil as if we were on Mars.

But again not the most convincing of performances. He is currently at the same level as Akanji

Really? That good already and still 21 with huge potential...
Get him in asap!
The key bit is potential. That all he is at the minute and so far doesn't seem like a value for money signing either and isn't any better than we have currently have. Gvardiol will be at RB Leipzig for one more season. Laporte will be sold but no one really knows who we are going to replace him with.

Last edited:
The key bit is potential. That all he is at the minute and so far doesn't seem like a value for money signing either and isn't any better than we have currently have. Gvardiol will be at RB Leipzig for one more season. Laporte will be sold but no one really knows who we are going to replace him with.
Your confident positioning about the future is showing some courage, but the world could change next day...

Laporte might stay for whatever reason.
Leipzig might miss top 4 and Gvardiol is on the market in summer for €80m.
Leipzig might qualify for CL, but Gvardiol still might want to finally play PL - and now.

So I don't buy your story as invariable truth.

I don't know the market for top left CBs but surely you can tell me who's better and available, replacing Laporte (who seems to be NOT Pep's preferred one).

If Gvardiol meets our high standards of personality (team player, work rate, humility, positivity and more) I don't believe his price would be a huge issue until you name the cheaper top alternative.

Waiting for Gvardiol til 2024 as you suggest means we need a quality loan player to bridge next season. Who could that be??
The new permanent player will sign til 2028 at least. And he will be a top quality man with potential, that's for sure. We don't buy a 2nd best solution this year and Gvardiol next.

Your confident positioning about the future is showing some courage, but the world could change next day...

Laporte might stay for whatever reason.
Leipzig might miss top 4 and Gvardiol is on the market in summer for €80m.
Leipzig might qualify for CL, but Gvardiol still might want to finally play PL - and now.

So I don't buy your story as invariable truth.

I don't know the market for top left CBs but surely you can tell me who's better and available, replacing Laporte (who seems to be NOT Pep's preferred one).

If Gvardiol meets our high standards of personality (team player, work rate, humility, positivity and more) I don't believe his price would be a huge issue until you name the cheaper top alternative.

Waiting for Gvardiol til 2024 as you suggest means we need a quality loan player to bridge next season. Who could that be??
The new permanent player will sign til 2028 at least. And he will be a top quality man with potential, that's for sure. We don't buy a 2nd best solution this year and Gvardiol next.
Is Gvardiol Pep's personal choice? No one really knows who that player really is other than the people close to him. As for alternatives I will leave that to the scouting network and I am sure they will have plenty of them including Gvardiol and for a reasonable valuation. Nathan Ake was an under the radar signing and there seemed to be no real links at the time when we had signed him. Red Bull Leipzig are going to keep him for one more season and if any teams really want to sign him he won't be cheap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.