Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep said full backs with the ability to get up & down the pitch, to attack & defend is an area that will be addressed in the summer. He said our current formations & tactics are because we lack these types of players.
We also lack those players because there is a dearth of them, particularly ones that can behave themselves. It’s probably easier finding King Solomon’s Mines than it is finding the kind of left back we seek.

If we sign Gvardiol, then I would imagine he, like Ake, will be used to play in both positions as and when required.

Always fascinated by the linguistic origins of names, I found this page on Gvardiol amusing. It’ll be like Play School, Big Pep and Little Pep!

https://www.croatiaweek.com/josko-gvardiol-what-his-surname-means-and-where-it-comes-from/#:~:text='The surname Gvardiol, which originates,known Catalan football surname Guardiola.
They basically have the same full names, just in different languages

Josko and Pep both short forms of Josef/Josep (Joseph in English), and Gvardiol having the same origin as Guardiola.

Just need to track down a forward in Sale called Joey Guardhouse, to complete the set

We also lack those players because there is a dearth of them, particularly ones that can behave themselves. It’s probably easier finding King Solomon’s Mines than it is finding the kind of left back we seek.
Alpohonso Davies. Whether we can do a deal with Bayern is another matter.

It's also not lost on me that Real have today leaked their interest in Davies 24 hours before facing us. Could this be a message to City, "Stay away from Bellingham & we'll stay away from Davies"? \0/

They basically have the same full names, just in different languages

Josko and Pep both short forms of Josef/Josep (Joseph in English), and Gvardiol having the same origin as Guardiola.

Just need to track down a forward in Sale called Joey Guardhouse, to complete the set
The nearest name I can think of is Noel Gallagher

So basically we want someone who is young, good technically, has a good engine, quick, intelligent and doesn't give in to occasional urges to go around raping people, do drugs or engage in acts of violence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.