Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm stunned to come in here and see nobody saying he's shite because he got a red card last night.

Come on, Bluemoon, you're slipping.
Because a lot of people who have doubts about him are not watching him play. It's like with Bellingham. He was shit against us, so that erases being the best defender in the Bundesliga :).

Saliba is brilliant but I very much doubt Arsenal would sell him to us without a massive fee, and then we’ve got to convince him to come and battle for his place. Whereas at Arsenal, he is the number one guy.

City want Gvardiol as a Laporte replacement and they like him because he ticks the boxes, he plays very well with the ball at his feet for a young defender. Personally I think he would be a great addition, but he’ll cost a lot of money, so I can’t see it happening in all honesty. I think we’ll end up with someone less high profile and cheaper.
Have we run out of cash or something

We are interested in a lot of CBs per rumours - Timber, Gvardiol, Ndicka, Bastoni, Kim

No, I just don’t think we would sign him for a huge price, going off the transfers since Peps joined. We have usually signed players most don’t expect. The ones the actual scouts put forward, rather than football fans. Sone fans on here have called out absolute gems, but famously for example, most would’ve taken Pogba over KDB.

We have to comply with FFP and the club won’t be ripped off on price. Gvardiol looks promising, but RBL have already said the price would be very high.

We walked away from Cucarella as the price was too high. We signed Akanji and Gomez for very reasonable prices. Going back, we signed Ake for a good price. We signed Dias, when very few people knew how good he was, instead of the rip-off £100M Koulibaly transfer, everyone wanted at the time. We signed Alvarez for peanuts, when people were shouting for us to pay £100M on someone like Felix or Nunez or bring Messi in on crazy wages… etc The majority of fans never would’ve picked these players over the ones mentioned. We know the hype train around Gvardiol and we’ve jumped on it as fans, but it only serves to increase his value unrealistically.

So just going off our most recent transfers, we might sign one player for a larger fee, but I’m unsure we would spend £80-£100M for a young CB, at this current time. Depends on Laporte situation I suppose but we know now as fans, it’s not all about splashing the cash, but looking a bit more carefully for a gem who fits our style. Just my opinion.
Blimey thanks for war and peace answer and pointing out the obvious

We need him even more now than before, can't miss out on him as well after Jude.

A young fast CB for his age is basically a no brainer.

Especially when you consider he is left footed and Laporte is likely to leave.

And then more obvious when you consider the age of our CBs will be 26, 28, 29, 29 and 33 (Walker) next year.

We need to bring that down over time, not all at once like some other clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.