Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed mate, especially as stones unfortunately is going to pick up muscle injuries throughout the season? We could run with Dias, Gvardiol, Akanji and Stones and if need be Gvardiol could play LB?

Yeah Gvardiol can play left-back well

Agreed mate, especially as stones unfortunately is going to pick up muscle injuries throughout the season? We could run with Dias, Gvardiol, Akanji and Stones and if need be Gvardiol could play LB?
I don’t ”know” if he is versatile but if th tells me that he will improve the lb position too then it’s probably true.

Do we have the budget to do those two plus a winger? Because signing a winger has always seemed nailed on for the summer, imo. The links to Leao are always present, I think we like him a lot. Perhaps getting decent money for Laporte would make it possible to get all three. The mad thing is that it’s going to be another summer without a top class full back :D That position always gets relegated below others in terms of priority. Might be a risk with Walker’s age but Rico Lewis will be happy.
We have had rumours in this forum about reyna, for me he is more of a city winger than leao. The Saka rumour also feels very weird since he really feels bad for our style of play.

I can’t see us letting both Ake and Laporte leave if we were to sign this bloke.

I know that Ake and Laporte have both been linked with moves, and on face value you could understand if Laporte was open to going back to Spain, but I can’t see Guardiola being happy if he’s left with just one left footed centre half next season (Gvardiol).

Feel like a bit of a heretic saying it but based on form alone over the past year, Dias would be the one under most pressure and perhaps most vulnerable if we were to sign another top class centre half. But still makes most sense I suppose if Laporte was the one to leave, although I’d be sorry to see him go.

I can’t see us letting both Ake and Laporte leave if we were to sign this bloke.

I know that Ake and Laporte have both been linked with moves, and on face value you could understand if Laporte was open to going back to Spain, but I can’t see Guardiola being happy if he’s left with just one left footed centre half next season (Gvardiol).

Feel like a bit of a heretic saying it but based on form alone over the past year, Dias would be the one under most pressure and perhaps most vulnerable if we were to sign another top class centre half. But still makes most sense I suppose if Laporte was the one to leave, although I’d be sorry to see him go.

Ruben’s best season with us was on the left as well though so he’s an option there?

I personally think both will go mate. Laporte back to Spain as there is rumors his mrs wants to be close to her family with the baby and sunnier climates. We still should be able to get £60-70m for him though. Ake seemed to be wanting to go last summer and pep was open to that so I wouldn’t be surprised if he went in the summer again for £60m ish so we could bring in £120m ish for them two and spend say £80-90m on Gvardiol and make a big cash profit let alone the profit on the books for Ake and Laporte?
Totaly agree the only thing I would add is we need to promote within the u21's or THB as No 4 back up, its 1 position I would love 1 of the kids to break through at CB

losing both Ake who's been our best CB by the way & definitely Laporte it won't be a big problem especially Gvardiol who can play both LCB or LB

His game is outstanding for a 20 year old, his man marking, tackling, passing & vision to pick players out is fantastic
Not my choice but Rodri could if needed sit in at CB as well

Akanji, Stones, Dias & Gvardiol = wow..

Chelsea will try allsorts & he will play every week for them

Ruben’s best season with us was on the left as well though so he’s an option there?
Not really. Pep had Zinchenko to allow Dias to play there. But now, with a right footed left back (Cancelo), our left-sided centre back simply HAS to be left footed. This is why Stones and Dias together is not really a thing any more. The balance is horrible without the left footer, as we don’t have Zinchenko - he made it work. Then they form a natural back three to release Cancelo. Dias can’t really play left centre back until there’s a viable left-footed option at left back. Which Gomez isn’t as of yet.

Last edited:
Totaly agree the only thing I would add is we need to promote within the u21's or THB as No 4 back up, its 1 position I would love 1 of the kids to break through at CB

losing both Ake who's been our best CB by the way & definitely Laporte it won't be a big problem especially Gvardiol who can play both LCB or LB

His game is outstanding for a 20 year old, his man marking, tackling, passing & vision to pick players out is fantastic
Not my choice but Rodri could if needed sit in at CB as well

Akanji, Stones, Dias & Gvardiol = wow..

Chelsea will try allsorts & he will play every week for them
Mbete back?

It was his best season and if he gets back to that form again, then any misgivings about him being right footed would probably diminish.

However Guardiola has spoken consistently about how a left footed centre half helps speed up our approach play, and for that reason I can’t see him being happy with just one left footer in the squad. It’s probably a key reason as to why we bought Ake in the first place, so I would expect Ake to stay personally, but that’s just me.

Also I think @Tricky_Trev makes a very valid point with regards to Zinchenko, who unfortunately for us is looking like one of those players who made the team more balanced and more cohesive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.