Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leipzig's negotiation tactic is that they can just hold onto Gvardiol for another year if they can't sign his replacement at a reasonable price.

Leipzig hold the cards and no one can force them to sell a player who is under contract.

And City will be quite happy to keep any agreement quiet for a few days, if that's what Leipzig want.
That has nothing to do with the idea of “city are just waiting for Leipzig to get their replacements so Leipzig don’t get ripped off”

It is complicated unless and until somebody comes up with an offer we can't refuse. That may or may not happen this summer and we probably won't be certain whether he stays or goes until the window shuts.
That's a matter of City's perspective. Whether they feel there's time to bring in an adequate replacement or not becomes paramount IMO. City aren't going to let Bernardo leave if it reaches a point where the club would be caught short. I'm not sure what some others may think, but I for one don't fall in line with the "hard to go again" viewpoint. Pep is a shark and after winning the treble and especially the CL he smells blood all over the water. He will have the boys motivated to set new standards, 4 Prems in a row, back to back CLs. City will look to expand their Prem domination into European domination. Doing favors to other clubs or allowing players under contract to dictate terms which could impede our ability to do so would be contrary to the club's ambitions. The only way I see Bernardo leaving is on a large fee with a huge player coming in to replace him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.