Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
As City don’t really play with two conventional fullbacks and two centre backs, the players all have to be flexible and switch between positions, I would say only Dias is a centre back and nothing else. So with this in mind the way I look at it is we have 7 senior players for 4 positions in the team, I’m not counting Gomez or Lewis as senior yet. Not overkill by any means as some might imagine.

Going into next season Dias will be 26 but the other 6 players will be be between 33 and 28, so I can understand why the club might want to bring the age profile down. I’m not saying we should go and splash fortunes on this kid, or force anybody out who doesn’t want to leave as they are all fantastic players, who have done so much for us, but City do need to keep an eye on who to refresh this area with in the not too distant future.

Think you'll find it's quite a popular thing to say on here, that there are so many 'better' players out there, it's a miracle we don't get relegated!
Two points....firstly, it's a TEAM game.
Secondly, lot's of players stand out in weaker sides, certainly doesn't make them the world beaters the fifa brigade and media make them out to be (we have a great example at city).
Not aimed at Gvardiol, but he's young, and may or may not be as great as you think.

He is. You'll see it soon enough. It's no slight on our players.

Laporte imo is behind the others

Ake miles better this year, Gvardiol is left footed so won't miss him

Laporte turns in quick sand & is the slowest of the 4 imo

Laporte wants out back to Spain if you listen to those in the no

Thanks Laporte you have done ok but time for the young Liepzig kid to come in

Laporte imo is behind the others

Ake miles better this year, Gvardiol is left footed so won't miss him

Laporte turns in quick sand & is the slowest of the 4 imo

Laporte wants out back to Spain if you listen to those in the no

Thanks Laporte you have done ok but time for the young Liepzig kid to come in
Yeah for me it's that Laporte likely wants to go back to Spain AND that he is the least capable playing out wide if we shift to a back 3 because of his pace.

I'm more comfortable with Ake or Gvardiol in a wider role.

Gvardiol also solves our LB problem, wherein we can just play him and Ake as LB and have it completely interpreted in a defensive role like Walker on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.