Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone who hasn't been discussed on here. Simliar to the Akanji and Dias signings. Paying over the odds for a player who was part of the defence that has shipped in seven and who looked as shaky as the rest isn't the greatest of signings to be honest. Gvardiol had a decent World Cup but against an aging Messi again not the most convincing of performances.
ake was at a team that not only shipped 7 but also got relegated , one player doesn't make a team, as for the messi thing that seems to get brought up alot, he might be aging , but messi makes a lot of very good players look silly sometimes.

Certainly didn't watch all of his country's games, no. Some people go to work.
then surely you could admit you're not the most knowledgable scout and it could just be a coincidence that you happen to see him play poorly?

Heck, I thought he played quite well in the 1-1 vs leipzig.

IMO you’re right Mr D, might well improve further but the posters also right inasmuch as players suddenly growing taller and / or suddenly getting fast after the age of 22 isn’t something that see.
His tactical awareness, ball control, decision making etc. should improve but the fact is that he might actually be at his peak, plenty of players are lauded as future stars until they’re 22 but then sink without trace.
I’d also argue that him being not particularly fast and not particularly tall means that he doesn’t have “all the raw materials” / there are some raw materials that he’ll never have.

From the little that I’ve seen of him he can look fantastic when things are going right for him and lost & confused when they ain’t.

I’m trusting our recruitment team to go through his development stats with a fine toothed comb and not just cough up a big wedge on the basis of him being the latest hyped up player.
If we put a bid in then we’ll know that those who know better than us have looked through the data we can’t see and come to a value judgement that we’re not equipped to make.

Exciting times eh?
Players can peak early in their careers, or be late bloomers. The clubs they're at & the managers they play for could have major effects on how they progress. That's the chance we take.

We saw this yesterday with a post from 2015 over whether we should go for Pogba or KDB. Most said KDB was useless & it was Pogba all the way.

However, if things had turned out differently, would Pogba have flopped at City & would KDB had such a stellar career at Old Toilet?

Players can peak early in their careers, or be late bloomers. The clubs they're at & the managers they play for could have major effects on how they progress. That's the chance we take.

We saw this yesterday with a post from 2015 over whether we should go for Pogba or KDB. Most said KDB was useless & it was Pogba all the way.

However, if things had turned out differently, would Pogba have flopped at City & would KDB had such a stellar career at Old Toilet?

I agree mate. It is indeed a cracking topic involving the kind of guesswork and whataboutery that goes well with beer and more beer.

I’d like to think that our player research and assessment would’ve told us that, despite his burgeoning early talent, Pogba had the mental capacity of a stuffed toy.
Having said that, we have bought a few dodgy characters down the years ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.