Jovetic pulls a hamstring for Montenegro

Hopefully it is not too bad and he will be back in due time. But this is an opportunity to stress the issue of central midfield players.

Obviously Fernandinho and Fernando are the main options at the moment but I really think it is time to consider and include Lampard and Milner as very viable options. Milner has iterated about how that is his preferred position and Lampard can still do a job.

Yaya Toure really does not need to play as a central midfielder with the options we have in that position.

Mister Appointment said:
r.soleofsalford said:
isnt it about time al. these stupid friendly games were stopped, they achieve fuck all of any use but players can pick up serious injuries which could keep them out of important club games

I believe there has been talk of moving this particular group of fixtures because it's so close to the start of the season and right before the first CL game week. Puts a lot of pressure on the managers and coaching staff because you have to prepare for three big games and have very little time because the players are away with their national teams.

I don't really think injuries are the issue though because lets face it, players get injured all the time. It's a part of life.
Montenegro are actually scheduled to play a European qualifier on Monday against the might of Moldova.

But I do agree with your point that the friendlies are far too close to the start of the season.

Fernando is injured is he not?

Bad luck for him and us
Not getting a replacement for Beast looks even worse now
At least we still have Scotty ;)

karen7 said:

Bad luck for him and us

Lampard and yaya for next game unless mdm can play the holding role again!

karen7 said:

Bad luck for him and us
Come on Kaz that hardly represents a flap. Surely you can do better than that ;-)

jollylescott said:
karen7 said:

Bad luck for him and us
Come on Kaz that hardly represents a flap. Surely you can do better than that ;-)

That's just me warming up so i don't strain my flapping muscles :)

Here we go again!
If it is a hamstring however and knowing his recovery period it could well put our striking options to the test over the forthcoming weeks

Silva can play off the striker, as he often did with Valencia and Spain. Arguably Nasri's best position is off the striker as well (he often struggles out wide). We have plenty of cover.

Goater666 said:
Silva can play off the striker, as he often did with Valencia and Spain. Arguably Nasri's best position is off the striker as well (he often struggles out wide). We have plenty of cover.

Fully agree. But then I've always said 4 strikers is too many. Even if we're going to play with two up top regularly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.