Juan Mata (Merged)

Re: Juan Mata is a must

4231 mata on the left silva in the middle Sanchez on the right. So he can play with Silva or as backup in a 442 you could play his as a second striker the problem only occurs when you play 433. If we are going to be more attacking then Mata would be a great acquisition.

Sabster said:
Dax777 said:
what would you say we need?
howfen blue said:
Cracking player not sure he's what we need though tbh

Someone with a good passing range with the ability to dictate from deep (???????)

Mata is neither

Passing range?

As in the ability to hit long balls? For all I know he might lack in that department, but that's irrelevant really as we do not play that kind of game. We'll work the ball up the pitch, short, quick and clever passing... surely you see Mata would be more than capable of managing that, no?

I was particularly glad to see is movement and versatility, how comfortable he looked on both sides and as well in the centre.

Not a "world-class" player maybe, but darn it he is really really good and would be a magnificent addition to our squad.

Please come to us Mata!

celf said:
FantasyIreland said:
howfen blue said:
Cracking player not sure he's what we need though tbh

He couldn't be more perfect!

if silva gets inj,wheres plan b? its our most important signing this sumer imo,to have backup for silva

I would say it is 4th on the list:

1. Wide Man
2. Deep Lying Creative Midfielder
3. Left Back
4. Backup creative midfielder
5. Young Striker

CitySpaniard said:
BlueCityfan said:
Mancini is looking for a right-sided attacker. (Sanchez)

Mata is left-footed and i just wonder where Mata would fit if he was a target? He would take Silvas place as i have my doubts if Mancini would play either Mata or Silva in Yayas current position.

If he is eyeing another creative player. Just wonder if Sanchez is that guy or if he is not..what kind of creative playmaker you need?

Someone like Mata or someone like Pastore? Is he eyeing someone who would be back-up for Silva on the left or someone in the middle in Yayas position...like Pastore?

Dunno really if Mata would fit into our line-up with Silva.

Honestly from a business and longevity point of view I wish we would stop luring players with money, this can only keep them happy for so long as they want the big paydaay and then leave immediately. I understand we had no choice in past seasons as we had nothing else to offer, but now is the time we should start attracting players who would give their all for this badge and a core who are proud to wear city blue and won't scream transfer after one or two seasons
The way you do that is by having great players and winning trophies.<br /><br />-- Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:34 pm --<br /><br />
CitySpaniard said:
I know a lot might disagree but I rate mat a higher than Sanchez as I always see Sanchez getting tossed around and Italy is childsplay compared to the physicality and power of england. I know Silva no giant but he knows how to keep it moving and doesn't lose the ball easily unlike snchez.
Word! Not for nothing, but I'll take the possession talents of Spain over dribbling machines in Italy. But that is just me.

It seems we are dead set on this Sanchez though. So I might as well get excited :(

Matt the Giant said:
Sabster said:
Dax777 said:
what would you say we need?

Someone with a good passing range with the ability to dictate from deep (???????)

Mata is neither

Passing range?

As in the ability to hit long balls? For all I know he might lack in that department, but that's irrelevant really as we do not play that kind of game. We'll work the ball up the pitch, short, quick and clever passing... surely you see Mata would be more than capable of managing that, no?

Not the ability to hit long balls - the ability to play balls like Pirlo, Xavi, Alonso, Fabregas

Someone who, standing on the centre circle, has the vision to see a run from a forward and to play it along the floor.

Unfortunately there are so few players like this and we missed out on Sahin.

Sabster said:
Not the ability to hit long balls - the ability to play balls like Pirlo, Xavi, Alonso, Fabregas

Someone who, standing on the centre circle, has the vision to see a run from a forward and to play it along the floor.

Unfortunately there are so few players like this and we missed out on Sahin.

Oh I see... and yes you are right about that. Well we could always make up for that little blemish by buying Iniesta as well. Good enough? :)

Sabster said:
celf said:
FantasyIreland said:
He couldn't be more perfect!

if silva gets inj,wheres plan b? its our most important signing this summer imo,to have backup for silva

1. Wide Man
3. Left Back
5. Young Striker
I don't often dsagree with you, but why do we need a deep lying playmaker, and who do you have in mind.
In my view our 1st need is an
Attacking Midfielder (Perhaps two)
I think we need to start with 3 AMs. SIlva/?/?. If I had my way it will be Modric and Pastore. However, anyother permutation works; Mata and Pastore; Modric and Mata; Pastore and Sanchez; etc. the key is the players having vision and passing ability and a great mind for movement.

Now if we cannot manage 2, we can keep Yaya up top, but if we can, Yaya becomes the deeplying creative midfielder.
2nd Need: Left Side CD: Yes this is more important than a left back, We need a tactically sound LCD. Vertonghen I believe fits the bill

3rd need: Left Back: Kolarov is crap with his decisions going forward, we need a LB to challenge him and probably beat him out.

Those are the 4 needs. If we can't get a 2nd AM, then Milner starts next to De Jong,

We have noo real need for a Deeplying playmaker or a striker.

Dax777 said:
celf said:
Freestyler said:
only dawned on me after a few minutes he was on the pitch, didn't take much interest as i was reading the paper.

soon as i noticed i watched the game to my full attention, not the best game of football i've seen, but bloody hell that little guy number 10 for Spain was amazing!

like a ikkle david silva wasnt he?
He plays more like Iniesta to be honest, than he does Silva.

summed it up for me that sentence.

Dax777 said:
Sabster said:
celf said:
if silva gets inj,wheres plan b? its our most important signing this summer imo,to have backup for silva

1. Wide Man
3. Left Back
5. Young Striker
I don't often dsagree with you, but why do we need a deep lying playmaker, and who do you have in mind.
In my view our 1st need is an
Attacking Midfielder (Perhaps two)
I think we need to start with 3 AMs. SIlva/?/?. If I had my way it will be Modric and Pastore. However, anyother permutation works; Mata and Pastore; Modric and Mata; Pastore and Sanchez; etc. the key is the players having vision and passing ability and a great mind for movement.

Now if we cannot manage 2, we can keep Yaya up top, but if we can, Yaya becomes the deeplying creative midfielder.
2nd Need: Left Side CD: Yes this is more important than a left back, We need a tactically sound LCD. Vertonghen I believe fits the bill

3rd need: Left Back: Kolarov is crap with his decisions going forward, we need a LB to challenge him and probably beat him out.

Those are the 4 needs. If we can't get a 2nd AM, then Milner starts next to De Jong,

We have noo real need for a Deeplying playmaker or a striker.

The reasons why we need a Deep Lying playmaker:

1. We don't have one (Yaya can play that role decently (but I think we would all agree he is more effective in the box to box role) and Barry can aswell)

2. We need someone to control games like Xavi etc

3. It would add a whole new dimension (as it is every knows everything we create goes through Silva)

4. All the best teams have one

We don't really need a striker but if Jo goes we could probably do with someone who is happy to sit on the bench and play in cup games.

I forgot CB that would probably, here is my refined list:

1. Wide Player. Sanchez, Hazard, Gervinho
2. Creator from deep. Fabregas, Modric, Ganso, Montolivo
3= CB. Vertonghen, Sakho, Rolando, Cahill
3= LB. Coentrao, Baines, Cissokho
3=. Attacking Midfielder. Pastore, Hazard, Mata
6. Young striker. Wickham, Lukaku

Sabster said:
The reasons why we need a Deep Lying playmaker:

1. We don't have one (Yaya can play that role decently (but I think we would all agree he is more effective in the box to box role) and Barry can aswell)

2. We need someone to control games like Xavi etc

3. It would add a whole new dimension (as it is every knows everything we create goes through Silva)

4. All the best teams have one

We don't really need a striker but if Jo goes we could probably do with someone who is happy to sit on the bench and play in cup games.

I forgot CB that would probably, here is my refined list:

1. Wide Player. Sanchez, Hazard, Gervinho
2. Creator from deep. Fabregas, Modric, Ganso, Montolivo
3= CB. Vertonghen, Sakho, Rolando, Cahill
3= LB. Coentrao, Baines, Cissokho
3=. Attacking Midfielder. Pastore, Hazard, Mata
6. Young striker. Wickham, Lukaku

Alright, reading thru your list of names, I think we are just labeling differently. Of all the players you listed as deep lying Creators, only Montolivo doesn't fit into my AM paradigm. By the way, you missed Eva Banega who also plays the deep lying CM role, but really is an AM too. or at least able to play the role.

I really don't buy into the wide player thing. I think the Fullbacks will be the wide players and Attacking midfielders will flow in and out of those wide areas but not stationed too wide. Then again, none of the wide players you listed is the Ashley Young, Adam Johnson, Hug the line types. So they too fit my Attacking Midfielders paradigm. I think I have just lumped them all together as a group. Attacking Midfielders (The 3 players ahead of the DMs and behind the single striker) We have 1 in SIlva, Yaya is good but not as fluid as we can get. So we need 2 of those. Personally I'd rather they were passers with great off ball movement (Spanish players) (Mata, Carzolla, Modric Pastore) I can deal with dribblers but will be slightly disappointed (Sanchez,Hazard, Gervihno)

To be honest, at CD I wouldn't want any of the last 3- Sahko , Cahill and Rolando. They are just not technically sound on the ball, especially Sahko. Strong, Agile, and athletic, but bereft with the ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.