Juan Mata (Merged)

Re: Juan Mata is a must

Dax777 said:
CitySpaniard said:
Dax777 said:
We should put in for at least 3 of the Spanish players. Martinez, Herrerra, Ruben Perez, Parejo, Ruiz. None of these guys would cost over 10 million. The big money guys are Mata, Alacantara (15 probably), De Gea, and Nuniain. The rest will cost less that Ten. I mean we were being begged to take RUiz last season at 7 million :(

Martinez has a big buyout clause from athletic Bilbao(Liverpool couldn't even tempt him with 25 mil), as for ander Herrera he was just bought by Bilbao for 15 mil, Ruben Perez and parejo are average in Spain and can't see them improving much more. Ruiz just moved to Italy and won't be moving a time soon. I would love to see mata, or even Diego capel as they are more realistic targets and would make an immediate impact feeding the ball up top
No, to that dude. He is selfish. Not very Spanish :(

Tevez is selfish, he never passes the ball and is a glory hunter but he gets the job done

CitySpaniard said:
Honestly from a business and longevity point of view I wish we would stop luring players with money, this can only keep them happy for so long as they want the big paydaay and then leave immediately. I understand we had no choice in past seasons as we had nothing else to offer, but now is the time we should start attracting players who would give their all for this badge and a core who are proud to wear city blue and won't scream transfer after one or two seasons

Out of all the players we have signed in the last couple of years, and who are regulars in and around the first team there's only really Boateng who definitely seems to want out, but reports are he hasn't settled well, and has a chance to move back to Germany with their biggest club, so it's no surprise he wants a move. Then there's Tevez and I'm not sure if anyone knows what's going on inside his head and if he'll ever be happy at one club for a long time. Saying that I still feel he will be a City player next season.

As for money, you don't get the best players unless you pay them top wages, they won't come unless they get the right remuneration. No players nowadays play solely for the love of the club. Rags often say that players only sign for City because of the money, but I find it ironic that our wage bill is basically on a par with theirs, I really don't think their players are any more committed to the cause than ours.

It looks as though the club are targeting young, talented, but still up and coming players in the transfer market and that's the right approach to take for the long term, but because these players are talented it means that they are in high demand and sometimes you have to go the extra yard to see off the competition if a player is thought to be worth it.

Murph said:
CitySpaniard said:
Honestly from a business and longevity point of view I wish we would stop luring players with money, this can only keep them happy for so long as they want the big paydaay and then leave immediately. I understand we had no choice in past seasons as we had nothing else to offer, but now is the time we should start attracting players who would give their all for this badge and a core who are proud to wear city blue and won't scream transfer after one or two seasons

Out of all the players we have signed in the last couple of years, and who are regulars in and around the first team there's only really Boateng who definitely seems to want out, but reports are he hasn't settled well, and has a chance to move back to Germany with their biggest club, so it's no surprise he wants a move. Then there's Tevez and I'm not sure if anyone knows what's going on inside his head and if he'll ever be happy at one club for a long time. Saying that I still feel he will be a City player next season.

As for money, you don't get the best players unless you pay them top wages, they won't come unless they get the right remuneration. No players nowadays play solely for the love of the club. Rags often say that players only sign for City because of the money, but I find it ironic that our wage bill is basically on a par with theirs, I really don't think their players are any more committed to the cause than ours.

It looks as though the club are targeting young, talented, but still up and coming players in the transfer market and that's the right approach to take for the long term, but because these players are talented it means that they are in high demand and sometimes you have to go the extra yard to see off the competition if a player is thought to be worth it.
I agree with you without a doubt but these young players that I would love to see here years to come I just don't see staying beyond a year or two (tevez, Mario, dzeko) they have all already revealed they want to move on to different clubs. Its not always the big names that are going to make the impact, they're are hungrier players that will be committed and we could avoid the headache. Its fine and I understand we had no choice before but lets not continue the trend of going after the big names thinking their going to be best for us

inGavious said:
i'd buy Juan Mata for sure ... he's a star in my PES2011 team :D

1) FIFA rips Pes any day
2) Bigger players than Mata can be attracted now. He would be good on the left side however, which will allow Silva in behind the striker and Sanchez on the right

CitySpaniard said:
Murph said:
CitySpaniard said:

I agree with you without a doubt but these young players that I would love to see here years to come I just don't see staying beyond a year or two (tevez, Mario, dzeko) they have all already revealed they want to move on to different clubs. Its not always the big names that are going to make the impact, they're are hungrier players that will be committed and we could avoid the headache. Its fine and I understand we had no choice before but lets not continue the trend of going after the big names thinking their going to be best for us
Give some examples of players you'd like to see?<br /><br />-- Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:34 pm --<br /><br />
CitySpaniard said:
Tevez is selfish, he never passes the ball and is a glory hunter but he gets the job done
Be that as it may, but Diego Capel is no Tevez.

Ntini77 said:
Martinez is the player we need, not Mata.
let's have both then all the front half can congratulate each other in Spanish!
-------------------------------Martinez------------------------------
Sanchez----------Yaya-----------------Silva------------------Mata
-------------------------------Tevez----------------------------------

johnny crossan said:
Ntini77 said:
Martinez is the player we need, not Mata.
let's have both then all the front half can congratulate each other in Spanish!
-------------------------------Martinez------------------------------
Sanchez----------Yaya-----------------Silva------------------Mata
-------------------------------Tevez----------------------------------

Ahaha.
Maybe then Milner, Hart and Richards might have to change languages?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.