Juan Mata (Merged)

Re: Juan Mata is a must

Dax

You seem to have fallen in love with Mata ....lol. Now as you know and have known for the last 3 months I have banged on about this guy to anyone whomwas willing to read my posts. Matt the Giant will vouch for me on this as he is also of the same opinion as me. You said he was a good player but not great. Well I'm telling you this my learned friend:) this guy is probably the best signing the club could make this window and you now appear to be of that opinion as well. I know you want Pastore but TBH I think for the price they are asking and his age and experience Mata is a better proposition.

Can I assume you have the same desire as me that the club go all out to get him?

Mad 4 It said:
Dax

You seem to have fallen in love with Mata ....lol. Now as you know and have known for the last 3 months I have banged on about this guy to anyone whomwas willing to read my posts. Matt the Giant will vouch for me on this as he is also of the same opinion as me. You said he was a good player but not great. Well I'm telling you this my learned friend:) this guy is probably the best signing the club could make this window and you now appear to be of that opinion as well. I know you want Pastore but TBH I think for the price they are asking and his age and experience Mata is a better proposition.

Can I assume you have the same desire as me that the club go all out to get him?

Like Obama, Yes you can! :)

And I don't need Matt to vouch for you either, I was here and read it my damned self :P

Anyway, I see Pastore as a fantasy, so in getting down to reality, Mata seems not only a potential star, but one we have a great shot of getting. So we need to go in fast and hard and get this thing done.

Not to mention this is in line with my view that we need more Spanish technique on our squad. But to be honest, I'd rather have Santi Carzola by an inch, over Mata. But he doesn't seem to be a target for anyone, so Mata is the man then.

Very good player, as I said before he's a class player who keeps the ball very well. He would actually be a better signing with Silva here because he knows what to do with a ball.

Soon changed your tune Dax.

citizens_1976 said:
Very good player, as I said before he's a class player who keeps the ball very well. He would actually be a better signing with Silva here because he knows what to do with a ball.

Soon changed your tune Dax.
I don't have a tune. Just follow the facts. If the facts change, I change. I am not an ideologue, just an observer. My observations, and research of his past work, and present viewing of his present work, has led to my inevitable conclusion.

Last month I stated he has yet to wow me with a dominant game. Always looked a good player but never dominant. That opinion is relatively the same. But his consistency is becoming undeniable. A consistently good player is really a great player in the making, And that might be Mata. No doubt TheSituation disagrees.

I will be extremely disappointed if the club are not in for this guy, even more so than the Sanchez deal not happening!

Mad 4 It said:
Dax

Can I now tempt you with Subotic :)
Ah! I was going to talk to you about that. Subotic's after the season has shown to be at best an average defender. His game ratings over the whole season was a 6.79, which is not bad, but not great either. To compare, Lescott's (a player we both don't think is good enough) was a 6.93. Actually higher than Subotic's. I kinda sensed this from watching him, he makes mistakes. But also apparently one of his weaknesses is defending aeriel balls! That was a shock to me. But that is the analysis on him.

Even Hummels over the season, doesn't seem to rate that much higher than Lescott. he is a 7.0 on average, Better ballskills and Concentration though. That might be noteworthy difference though. As we need better play from the back.

Right now there are more impressive CD's like Badstuber who was fantastic in the CL (CL experience). Phillip Wollshield who was probably the best CD that last half of the season in Germany. And his average rating rose significantly as he became a starter.. Andrea Rannochia at Inter is another fantastic youngster, Dejan Lovren is one of my absolute favourites, and apparently their is an article that chronicles how Zappatta is the perfect teammate for Kompany at CD by using the stats from last season.

So, I don't think I'll be joining the Subotic train anytime soon. But I am on board with Mata.

After watching him the last few games alot very carefully, i'm excited about this lad.

It may only be the under-21's but Spain are a very strong talented side and they have alot of quality, but Mata has just stood out a mile every single game they have played and pretty much orchestrated their play.

I see him more of an Iniesta than Silva, the way he plays the game.

Luckily the Dippers seem to be focusing on Downing as part of their overrated English player recruitment movement, which (if true) would eliminate one candidate from a potential auction.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.