Juan Mata (Merged)

Re: Juan Mata is a must

Not read through most of this but to my recollection Mancini has never expressed any interest in Mata and I thought he denied interest (could be wrong). The desire for Mata seems to be much bigger on here than from the club itself...only in my opinion. Would be delighted if I'm wrong.

BlueForever123 said:
Not read through most of this but to my recollection Mancini has never expressed any interest in Mata and I thought he denied interest (could be wrong). The desire for Mata seems to be much bigger on here than from the club itself...only in my opinion. Would be delighted if I'm wrong.

Well summarised, although I don't recall him denying interest.

Well there has to be an out of the blue signing just wouldn't be typical city otherwise. :-)

BlueForever123 wrote:

Well summarised, although I don't recall him denying interest.

Thinking back I think it was at the beginning of the Sanchez saga and M.E.N reported that Mancini had drawn up a shortlist with Sanchez being top of it but Mata was not on the list. So not a direct Mancini quote.

I don't get it; we are obviously very interested and in fact in dire need of a creative mid, á la Sneijder and Nasri, both whom we have publicly shown our interest it. But why not a word on Mata? I rate him a lot higher than Nasri, that's for sure.

Just think about it for a second; Mata, Aguero and Silva playing infront of YaYa and Nigel, sitting behind a target man as in Dzeko or Balotelli... or someone else like my personal favourite poacher Higuain.
Three Spanish speaking players, tow of which are already great friends and have played together with great success in the past. All three quite young and hungry.

Matt the Giant said:
I don't get it; we are obviously very interested and in fact in dire need of a creative mid, á la Sneijder and Nasri, both whom we have publicly shown our interest it. But why not a word on Mata? I rate him a lot higher than Nasri, that's for sure.

Just think about it for a second; Mata, Aguero and Silva playing infront of YaYa and Nigel, sitting behind a target man as in Dzeko or Balotelli... or someone else like my personal favourite poacher Higuain.
Three Spanish speaking players, tow of which are already great friends and have played together with great success in the past. All three quite young and hungry.
It is so obvious to us, how come it isn't to the front office?

Dax777 said:
It is so obvious to us, how come it isn't to the front office?

Good question.
The only plausible answer I can come up with, and still be rational and realistic, is that we simply know much more about players and waht's best for our club than they do. ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.