Juan Mata (Merged)

Re: Juan Mata is a must

Matt the Giant said:
Mad 4 It said:
I just don't get it, he would be perfect for us!

And of equal significance, - WE would be perfect for HIM!

I think he is a fall back player.

We know he has a low buy out clause of 25m Euros, and yes its for clubs from outside of Spain too.

You just have to offer the payment up front and then talk to Mata and get him on board.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/936010/valencia-prepared-to-sell-juan-mata?cc=4716

Valencia back-flip on Mata

July 21, 2011

By ESPNsoccernet staff

Arsenal's hopes of landing young Spain international Juan Mata have taken a boost with Valencia now admitting they would be willing to accept an offer for the 23-year-old this summer.

Mata has been linked with a move to the Emirates since starring in the European Under-21 Championships, but talk of a Premier League switch was quashed by his current club 10 days ago when president Manuel Llorente explicitly claimed, "Juan Mata is not for sale".

However, the La Liga club, who cashed in on David Villa and David Silva last summer, now appear willing to back-flip on that stance should the right offer come for Mata.

"The possibility exists that Mata will leave the club," Valencia manager Unai Emery told Marca.

"We want him to stay and Mata has also expressed his desire to stay at Valencia, but at the same time we cannot stop a player who really wants to leave for money or for a bigger club. So, if there is a large financial offer from any club, that is good for both us and him, we will have to let him leave."

Tottenham and Liverpool are also believed to be interested in the winger, but Arsenal's potential to offer Champions League football next season is understood to put the Gunners as frontrunners for Mata's signature.

netnight said:
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/936010/valencia-prepared-to-sell-juan-mata?cc=4716

July 21, 2011

By ESPNsoccernet staff

Arsenal's hopes of landing young Spain international Juan Mata have taken a boost with Valencia now admitting they would be willing to accept an offer for the 23-year-old this summer.

Mata has been linked with a move to the Emirates since starring in the European Under-21 Championships, but talk of a Premier League switch was quashed by his current club 10 days ago when president Manuel Llorente explicitly claimed, "Juan Mata is not for sale".

However, the La Liga club, who cashed in on David Villa and David Silva last summer, now appear willing to back-flip on that stance should the right offer come for Mata.

"The possibility exists that Mata will leave the club," Valencia manager Unai Emery told Marca.

"We want him to stay and Mata has also expressed his desire to stay at Valencia, but at the same time we cannot stop a player who really wants to leave for money or for a bigger club. So, if there is a large financial offer from any club, that is good for both us and him, we will have to let him leave."

Tottenham and Liverpool are also believed to be interested in the winger, but Arsenal's potential to offer Champions League football next season is understood to put the Gunners as frontrunners for Mata's signature.

Just as Mad4it pointed out a good while ago, Valencia is in dire need of money and will of course sell Mata for the right price.

Matt the Giant said:
netnight said:

July 21, 2011

By ESPNsoccernet staff

Just as Mad4it pointed out a good while ago, Valencia is in dire need of money and will of course sell Mata for the right price.
could we get him instead of nasri? does he do the same sort of role?

richards30 said:

There are far better tactical and player analysts here on this forum, but in my opinion they are kind of similar in the way they work in the midfield. Both of them can operate on both flanks as well as from the middle but I would certainly opt for Mata:

- I'd say the Spaniard is more creative and a better assister than Nasri, and in general a better player with a more solid mentality.

- He used to play with David Silva (and David Villa) at Valencia and they did a great job together, displaying a spectacular understanding for each other on the pitch.

- With Aguero coming in, I think the similar cultural background and language shared but the lot Silva, Mata and Aguero would be beneficial for the team. I think the three of them would work better together than with Nasri in Mata's place.

So, Mata for me it is. But I'd be very happy with Nasri as well.

netnight said:

July 21, 2011

By ESPNsoccernet staff

Really?...they still need tp qualify for the competition proper yet. I would love city to get this guy and it would be even sweeter if we ruffled wengers feathers at the same time..

I can't see this one happening if it means he'll play on the opposite side to Silva because Mancini clearly favours symmetry in his teams.

Vinnie (right footed) - Lescott (left footed)
De Jong (right footed) - Barry (left footed)
Yaya Toure (right footed) - Silva (left footed)

Not sure, though. I could be wrong but I think Nasri is the more likely.

Matt the Giant said:
richards30 said:

There are far better tactical and player analysts here on this forum, but in my opinion they are kind of similar in the way they work in the midfield. Both of them can operate on both flanks as well as from the middle but I would certainly opt for Mata:

- I'd say the Spaniard is more creative and a better assister than Nasri, and in general a better player with a more solid mentality.

- He used to play with David Silva (and David Villa) at Valencia and they did a great job together, displaying a spectacular understanding for each other on the pitch.

- With Aguero coming in, I think the similar cultural background and language shared but the lot Silva, Mata and Aguero would be beneficial for the team. I think the three of them would work better together than with Nasri in Mata's place.

As I've previously said, if we get rid of the 12-13 deadwoods who are still at the club (including the ones who've already gone, Jo, Garrido etc) and sell Tevez & Adebayor, it will leave our squad extremely light considering we'll be fighting on 4 fronts next season. With the revenue that lot'll bring in not to mention the savings on their wages, I'd stick another £60-£70m on top and go for Mata, Aguero, Nasri, Higuain & Sneijder/Modric - or a similar type player as cover/competition for Silva. This is not fanciful thinking and is wholly achievable and we'd be sorted squad-wise for the next 3-4 years with plenty of strength in depth and cover for injuries, suspensions, loss of form and players who need resting.

£60-£70m is just above what The Rags and The Scousers have already spent this pre-season and below what Chelsea spent in January AND would keep us well within our FFPR targets.

Dribble said:
Matt the Giant said:
richards30 said:

As I've previously said, if we get rid of the 12-13 deadwoods who are still at the club (including the ones who've already gone, Jo, Garrido etc) and sell Tevez & Adebayor, it will leave our squad extremely light considering we'll be fighting on 4 fronts next season. With the revenue that lot'll bring in not to mention the savings on their wages, I'd stick another £60-£70m on top and go for Mata, Aguero, Nasri, Higuain & Sneijder/Modric - or a similar type player as cover/competition for Silva. This is not fanciful thinking and is wholly achievable and we'd be sorted squad-wise for the next 3-4 years with plenty of strength in depth and cover for injuries, suspensions, loss of form and players who need resting.

£60-£70m is just above what The Rags and The Scousers have already spent this pre-season and below what Chelsea spent in January AND would keep us well within our FFPR targets.
:O

If we did that, we'd have 8 players for 4 positions, with 1 less attacking position unavailable when we play top 7 clubs. And NONE of them would be happy to sit on the bench for a chunk of the season. And that's if Tévez leaves/isn't included in the squad.

That's £150 million + worth of players mentioned there, and I'm sure that would affect our FFPR thingy at least a tad?

There's no way we would play:
_____________Hart_______________
Richards__Kompany__Lescott__Clichy

With a bench of: (Or something like it)

Taylor/New,

Savic,
Zabaleta,

Milner,
Nasri,
Mata,

Balotelli.

I mean ffs!!! Wed have to have Kolo Touré, Kolarov, Barry, A Johnson and Džeko playing for the reserves ffs!! That's £75 million worth, in the reserves!!!

Yes, we can rotate, but only to a certain extent... we can't just play an entirely different team every week, we'll get nowhere! and if we did just buy everyone weve been linked with like you suggest, they'd all want out next summer unless we could guarantee them almost constant 1st team football, and we'd have to sell half of them. At a loss probably.

Those types of players arent squad players, they're the spine of teams. If we did get people like Sneijder/Aguero, they would become our spine and they, allong with our current spine, would play as much as Hart, Kompany, de Jong and Silva did last year (hint hint, whenever they're fit)

In an ideal world it would be perfect and we'd be unstoppable, but players have aspirations, these types of players no how good they are and they realise they can walse into most teams on the planet. It would be great if we could get them all, but it would be completely illogical in the real world outside of fifa.

;)

Oops I've just thought of something, Clarkied?

News:
Valencia forward Juan Mata has again insisted he is happy to remain at the Mestalla and has distanced himself from a Premier League switch this summer.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_7052458,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 58,00.html</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.