Juan Mata (Merged)

Re: Juan Mata is a must

Ticket For Schalke said:
Arsenal need someone who can defend not someone who pussyfoots around, you need someone dominant like Bould, Keown, Adams, Campball etc. You have enough ball players in your side, Samba would be perfect, or Haangaland, Roger Johnson would of been a good signing.
I dont think any of those players are good enough, maybe hangaland, but the other two are very limited slow defenders. there's this myth that ball playing defenders cant really defend and non ball playing CB are seen as out an out defenders. Of all the CB we have been linked with i would only take Cahill or Dann<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:33 am --<br /><br />
BlueJill said:
M.C.F.C.O.K said:
Thaksinssoldier said:
that lad is gonna tear some teams apart once he settles.I watched and thought he was far better workrate wise in that game than Adam Johnson ever has been for us.His final ball was poor but he was a terror.

To say otherwise is to have blue tinted specs on.

I agree but i would rather Johnson as he does have more end product. Coz you can be a 'terror' all you want but without anything at the end your just now whats known as a 'Walcott'. Granted it is only his first game though so we shall see.

Gervinho had 18 goals in all competitions for the last two years running (that's 36 goals in two years).
Gervinho has more goals in him than johnson, but thats because he a forward rather than a midfielder like Johnson. Gervinho prefers to play on the wings, but last two season also filled in as striker for Lille when needed.

BlueJill said:
M.C.F.C.O.K said:
Thaksinssoldier said:
that lad is gonna tear some teams apart once he settles.I watched and thought he was far better workrate wise in that game than Adam Johnson ever has been for us.His final ball was poor but he was a terror.

To say otherwise is to have blue tinted specs on.

I agree but i would rather Johnson as he does have more end product. Coz you can be a 'terror' all you want but without anything at the end your just now whats known as a 'Walcott'. Granted it is only his first game though so we shall see.

Gervinho had 18 goals in all competitions for the last two years running (that's 36 goals in two years).
Hence why I asked him the question below. As I was a bit confused :)
I take it you say this because Johnson has had more productive seasons the last 3-4 years than Gervihno, correct?

Citizenblue21 said:
I don't think we should be going after Mata.

Huh? What a strange thing to say. ;)

Yeah... I can't think of one single reason for us wanting to sign Juan Mata. Not one... totally blank.
Maybe someone insightful here can help me out: tell me WHY we should sign Mata?

Matt the Giant said:
Citizenblue21 said:

Yeah... I can't think of one single reason for us wanting to sign Juan Mata. Not one... totally blank.
Huh? I said we shouldn't be going after him. Clown

Citizenblue21 said:
Matt the Giant said:
Citizenblue21 said:

Chill. I was being ironic.

Mata is world class in my book, someone who I rate higher than both Sneijder and Nasri for many reasons.

Matt the Giant said:
Citizenblue21 said:
Matt the Giant said:

Mata is world class in my book, someone who I rate higher than both Sneijder and Nasri for many reasons.

Mata looks a cracking young player and I'd be delighted to see him here, but 'world class' and 'better than Sneijder and Nasri' for many reasons? Lets here them then.......

Matt the Giant said:
Citizenblue21 said:
Matt the Giant said:

Sorry i was a bit tired this morning :)

He is world class but i don't think he is better than Silva and they are too simliar a player. Both left footed too.

Mario Gotze is the player too sign in the not too distant future. Maybe next summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.