Juan Mata (Merged)

Re: Juan Mata is a must

Matt the Giant said:
So, in every single post-match interview, Mancini talks about how significant it is, that Silva and Aguero speaks the same language, something that I, Dax, Mad4it has talked about for months now... well guess what Roberto, - Mata speaks Spanish as well! Get him in!

He didn't actually say that, he said they 'play in the same language', which I'm sure you'll agree is totally different...

Mat01706 said:
Matt the Giant said:
So, in every single post-match interview, Mancini talks about how significant it is, that Silva and Aguero speaks the same language, something that I, Dax, Mad4it has talked about for months now... well guess what Roberto, - Mata speaks Spanish as well! Get him in!

He didn't actually say that, he said they 'play in the same language', which I'm sure you'll agree is totally different...
Mancini's understanding of English is not that complexed, and if you listened to it in context, I believe it is fair to say he was trying to express the commonality of spoken language between the 2.

Anyway besides that, Mata speaks that language too. Whether it is football or Spanish that Mancini was talking about :P

Mat01706 said:

On the contrary, - that was exactly what he was saying. Here is one example:

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14538330.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14538330.stm</a>

Look at about 1:00, when talking about how great Silva and Aguero is "they speak the same language"... and adds "like YaYa".

To me this clearly indicates that our manager sees a shared language as a major plus and thus should be something to consider when looking for potential targets.

Silva, Aguero, Yaya and Mata would be immense together. And if Tevez decides to do a 180 in his attitude, add him to that already devastating mix.

I fully understand and appreciate our interest in Nasri, but if it's him instead of Mata... well I just don't get it.<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:54 am --<br /><br />
Dax777 said:
Mancini's understanding of English is not that complexed, and if you listened to it in context, I believe it is fair to say he was trying to express the commonality of spoken language between the 2.

That's crystal-clearly the case.

Matt the Giant said:
Mat01706 said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14538330.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14538330.stm</a>

Look at about 1:00, when talking about how great Silva and Aguero is "they speak the same language"... and adds "like YaYa".

To me this clearly indicates that our manager sees a shared language as a major plus and thus should be something to consider when looking for potential targets.

Silva, Aguero, Yaya and Mata would be immense together. And if Tevez decides to do a 180 in his attitude, add him to that already devastating mix.

I fully understand and appreciate our interest in Nasri, but if it's him instead of Mata... well I just don't get it.

-- Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:54 am --

Dax777 said:

Do you think the inter play between Aguero and Silva was significanly aided by the fact they both speak Spanish? It's about knowing where each other are, it's about footballing instinct, and I think that's what Mancini was trying to get across.

Mat01706 said:
Matt the Giant said:
Mat01706 said:

I fully understand and appreciate our interest in Nasri, but if it's him instead of Mata... well I just don't get it.

-- Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:54 am --

Dax777 said:

Do you think the inter play between Aguero and Silva was significanly aided by the fact they both speak Spanish? It's about knowing where each other are, it's about footballing instinct, and I think that's what Mancini was trying to get across.

They definitely enjoyed playing together... you could see that on their faces

Mat01706 said:

You used the phrase "was significantly aided", so I assume you are talking about last night, right?
Well I doubt that the goals and the manner in which they were struck had much to do with them both speaking Spanish. Probably nothing.
But I do think however, that the support, the cheers, the encouragement they can give each other on the pitch and in the dressing room (and of course on the spare time) is of a very significant importance in their potential future link-up.
Also, if they have a natural communication it will obviously become easier for them to do what you mentioned in your post, to get to know each others moves.
A manager can only do so much, and players themselves need to do a lot of work on their part in order to 'gel' as a group.

And I am not suggesting Mata only because he also speak Spanish, but it is of course a contributing factor. Mata and Silva are already very close friends and played wonderfully well together for Valencia.
SIlva is by far our best player, and most important I'd say. Without him we are very much weakened.
So, the way I see it we 1) need to keep him happy on and off the pitch, make him like his stay in England and Manchester, on the pitch, socially and in private. Mata would tick those boxes.
We also need someone to step in when Silva is having a day off for various reasons. Mata would be the perfect choice for this.

To summarize; I think a shared cultural and geographical background is a very important aspect when it comes to making players "find each other".

And the fact the the best football nation by far in the world right now is Spain, with Argentina also high up on that list, makes it reasonable to assume picking up players from those countries might be a good idea.

Chelsea bid rejected for Mata and they're going back with a 29m bid while upping their bid for Modric.

*gulp*

LoveCity said:
Chelsea bid rejected for Mata and they're going back with a 29m bid while upping their bid for Modric.

*gulp*

Bad news... in fact horrible news.

Matt the Giant said:
LoveCity said:

*gulp*

Bad news... in fact horrible news.

Nah, they'll only sign one of the two.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.