Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first 4 names are slightly more offensive, but all those players would be far more suited to Pep football in my opinion. Gavi might be available on a free transfer, while most of these names would be in the 70-100m range, well below Bellinghams price tag
I think Pep will know what he wants, so if we get Bellingham then it’s because he thinks he’s suited to what he wants.

The first 4 names are slightly more offensive, but all those players would be far more suited to Pep football in my opinion. Gavi might be available on a free transfer, while most of these names would be in the 70-100m range, well below Bellinghams price tag

But,its because of the unique package that Bellingham brings that management want him.
He brings an alternative and a presence we lack,so comparing apples with oranges,to try and make a straw man,is silly in this situation.

But,its because of the unique package that Bellingham brings that management want him.
He brings an alternative and a presence we lack,so comparing apples with oranges,to try and make a straw man,is silly in this situation.
Exactly, plus he is English and given that we have to have home grown players (and may need more rather than less), it makes sense to try and have most of the best English players.

Furthermore, the game changes and Bellingham's attributes may be beneficial to how Pep develops the team.

What is unique about Pep, IMO, is his ability to consistently find new ways to play in order to combat the development of opponents. It is clear to me that the slower, possession based game that we have successfully played has now reached a point of familiarity to opponents, who combat it by sitting deeper than ever, shuffling only from side to side and limiting overloads. We have recognised this and have begun to buy more explosive players, especially Haaland and Alvarez, and I suspect we may add Bellingham to that list. It is not that what has gone before is no more, because the game constantly develops, but we now are in a phase of wanting both those who can have their foot on the ball, dictating the tempo of the game, but with an explosive edge that stops opponents nullifying us. I think that these are very exciting times, and we could see Foden, Grealish, Perrone, Bellingham, Veiga and Rodri make up a very exciting, dynamic and young line-up.

Last edited:
This season, I’ve now seen him against:

City at the Etihad, where bar a few decent passes and a headed goal, he was quite poor, especially in the last quarter of the game.
City at Dortmund where he was terrible all game, had 29 touches when Rodri had 142 in a game Dortmund had to win to still give them a chance to win the group, at home.
USA where he was poor
France where he was poor
Chelsea at home where he was poor
Chelsea away where he was terrible
And now Bayern away where he was very poor again and did pretty much fuck all other than get a penalty for diving and moaning at his teammates every time he gave the ball away.

Where all the fuss about this lad has come from, I have no bloody idea whatsoever.
Him being 19 probably

Lets get some perspective here......the 'kid' is being talked about like a seasoned pro,when the reality is most his age aren't even playing mens football.....let alone at International level.

You have to recognise that fact and take his youthfulness into consideration,because its reality and its unfair to judge him otherwise.

Yes,the fee will be astronomical.....but i dont see any other player,of his age,ability,and standing,anywhere near his level.
Gavi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.