Jude Bellingham

Based on what? Also, would he have helped us win the champions league like he did with Real?
Did Bellingham actually help Real Madrid win the Champions League?

I was talking with a Real-supporting family member yesterday (I know, I am doing my best to deprogram him) and we both agreed that Valverde (along with Kroos) was actually the midfield force behind their run to glory, with Bellingham actually playing relatively poorly throughout the knockout stage, including the final. He thinks Valverde is actually the lynch pin, and one of the biggest factors in Bellingham’s purple patch in the first 6 months, as he has the stamina and tactical nous to actually cover the midfield for a slowing Kroos and a not-particularly disciplined Bellingham, even as he played further forward than he does even with England.

He said he thinks what we are seeing now with England is what happens when Bellingham is made to play the Valverde role, instead of being supported by him, which the England man is absolutely not suited for (at least not currently). And we both agreed Rice is not Valverde (and that’s not necessarily a “bad” thing, just a statement of them being different players), which compounds the issues.

And I reckon I agree with him generally, having thought back to who actually impressed me in our matches against Real (it wasn’t Bellingham).

Part of the frustration with Southgate is that he can’t seem to recognise Bellingham is not a box-to-box general a la Valverde or Rodri (obviously different players in their own right but both can dominate midfields in their own ways). He is more a RM/CF, which should be played in that position ahead of a DM and a more versatile midfielder (which absolutely is not Alexander-Arnold or Gallagher).

We both also agreed that Foden is being completely wasted out on the left. That is something most of my Spanish family and mates all agree on, I think partially because creative players like Phil are valued far more in Spain than in England.

Last edited:
I’ve not watched him the last 7 months other than him single-handedly saving England and their team full of World beaters

Oh and when Madrid knocked City out of Europe and when he won the Champions League.

28 league games scoring 19 goals in his debut season in La Liga

Aye he’s had a fucking nightmare 2024 hahahaha
you should really go and watch his performances for real madrid in 2024, unlike you, i saw most of them. underwhelming is an understatement.

you should really go and watch his performances for real madrid in 2024, unlike you, i saw most of them. underwhelming is an understatement.
His performances look worse than they perhaps really are because of the stratospheric reputation he has.
He has been peripheral at best in pretty much all the big games I've seen him in over the past year or so but that doesn't actually necessarily make his performances poor. Il take the city second leg as an example. He was very quiet in terms of any genuine influence or dominance over the game, but he did keep it simple and barely gave the ball away when he was involved in general play. Certainly for the first hour or so before he disappeared from the game as we pressed for an equaliser and Madrid hung on for pens. He was very understated in that game but actually did a good job for his team. Which shows he is actually capable of performing a disciplined role when required.

His performances look worse than they perhaps really are because of the stratospheric reputation he has.
He has been peripheral at best in pretty much all the big games I've seen him in over the past year or so but that doesn't actually necessarily make his performances poor. Il take the city second leg as an example. He was very quiet in terms of any genuine influence or dominance over the game, but he did keep it simple and barely gave the ball away when he was involved in general play. Certainly for the first hour or so before he disappeared from the game as we pressed for an equaliser and Madrid hung on for pens. He was very understated in that game but actually did a good job for his team. Which shows he is actually capable of performing a disciplined role when required.
but that’s exactly the point, no matter how he actually plays it ends up described as another ballon d’or performance. like people don’t have eyes. zidane 2.0 before he even stepped on a pitch in a real madrid shirt. like real’s other excellent players had nothing to do with winning la liga and the ucl. pr money well spent!

Nearly everyone wanted him at City if I recall.
We could see the potential that Pep could harness to turn him into the greatest English player ever. (Which I believe Phil is on that trajectory)

However, he took the easy way out of taking the money and the celebrity over hard work and improving to be the best.

'City are a plastic club' will bite him on the arse when he's playing like Pogba at the scum.

From my fleeting views of him, against City and so far in these Euro's he looks like he should still be playing for Birmingham.

The moment he executed that overhead kick, I yelled out 'you spawny tw@t' at the tele and laughed.

but that’s exactly the point, no matter how he actually plays it ends up described as another ballon d’or performance. like people don’t have eyes. zidane 2.0 before he even stepped on a pitch in a real madrid shirt. like real’s other excellent players had nothing to do with winning la liga and the ucl. pr money well spent!
Yes I know. And my point is the greater his performances are hyped up the harder the push back from people who object to the over the top praise about him. As usual with cases like this the truth around Bellingham and the quality of his overall performances and actual ability lies somewhere in the middle of the 2 extremes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.