Jude Bellingham

Exactly. Game management. He knows who the star man is on Sunday and he needs him rested until then.
Thinking about now, in the cold light of day, it was the right decision to give Phil a rest.

He was, as others have said, fucked, as he’d run his socks off all game, and he needs to be at his best on Sunday, if England have any chance of winning.

I really don't see what Bellingham actually brings to the party. He's a poser with a few tricks at best.

Overhyped media darling. He'll play second fiddle to Mbappe next season and won't like it.
3rd fiddle. Vinicius and mbappe. Bellingham is the type of player who stopped being an #8 due to the fact that his PR is at its max and because he knows playing at the 10 with the 10 gets him more hype.

I noticed this last night, as well. He’s been doing it all tournament but it becomes more apparent the worse he plays and the better others around him play. He was genuinely avoiding passing to Foden in the first half, as Phil was playing the best football and could have created more chances if Bellingham had just given him the ball in quite a few situations. I am not sure if it was because Phil was outshining him but it continues to be a frustrating aspect to Bellingham’s game, regardless.

Bellingham reminds me of the middle child desperate for attention: ecstatic and exuberant when he is getting it, miserable and petulant when he isn’t.

I have still yet to see anything about his game that is actually worthy of the “generational talent” label, nor any evidence that he is a team player, at least with England. He has the talent to be an exceptional forward, but he is wholly lacking as a midfielder, and his attitude is awful. So, in some ways, his poor performances are as much on Southgate as they are on him. But he still shoulders most of the blame for how he plays with his teammates, even if he is playing in a role that doesn’t necessarily suit him.

It will be very interesting to how he gets on at Real Madrid now that they have a new super star plaything in Mbappe. My hunch is that he will not be happy.
I'm pretty sure that he doesn't pass the ball to Phil because he doesn't want to be outshone. I was actually shocked when Judith passed him the ball a couple of time in the 2nd half. Genuinely might be the most overrated player of all time. Carlton Palmer with world class PR

I'm pretty sure that he doesn't pass the ball to Phil because he doesn't want to be outshone. I was actually shocked when Judith passed him the ball a couple of time in the 2nd half. Genuinely might be the most overrated player of all time. Carlton Palmer with world class PR

In the first half it was blatant. it's not even an exaggeration or a conspiracy.. he was going out of his way to not pass

I swear someone had a word with him half time.

@Joe Corrigan's Superstitions posted this in the media thread...

L'Equipe ratings are more like it. Phil best England player and joint best on the pitch. Bellingham 3/10 and joint worst.

1720708674108.png

... thought it worth re-quoting here.

Sometimes you wonder if you watched the same game as the 'experts' in the British media.

Bellingham just plays for Bellingham. Not a team player, just a fucking big ego who has let the hype around him go to his head. He should have been subbed last night but Southgate again let him get away with another ineffectual performance. It's like playing with 10 men with him in the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.