Jude Bellingham

I'm probably not completely correct but I suspect he is in the leadership group because the media, and possibly the FA, have decided he's the "It" player. Much as Lauren James has been made that for the women's team.

They can do no wrong, somehow if they do, excuses are made and all is swiftly forgiven and forgotten. Selfish play is glossed over and turned into "Look how he/she tried to make something out of nothing," and etc.

And yet the press/media think Pep will be England manager in 12 months time. I sincerely hope Pep isn't.
IF and it's a big if the first thing Pep would do is sack bellend off lol

He might have some leadership skills but I've never seen them on the pitch. As mature as he is in some ways, he doesn't even attempt to keep his emotions in check.

As the tournament went on, he started reminding me more and more of Bruno Fernandes. Both terrifically talented but never in a million years would I want them as the leader of my team.

I'd have loved to have signed him last summer. Mostly because I think Pep is one of the only managers in the game who wouldn't put up with the bad attitude and the peacocking.

Remember when Haaland had a go at Bernardo and Pep gave him a talking to in front of everyone? Bellingham is in an environment where nobody will do that. Madrid and Ancelotti will continue to propagate that ego and nobody at the FA is ever going to risk upsetting him.

He might have some leadership skills but I've never seen them on the pitch. As mature as he is in some ways, he doesn't even attempt to keep his emotions in check.

As the tournament went on, he started reminding me more and more of Bruno Fernandes. Both terrifically talented but never in a million years would I want them as the leader of my team.

I'd have loved to have signed him last summer. Mostly because I think Pep is one of the only managers in the game who wouldn't put up with the bad attitude and the peacocking.

Remember when Haaland had a go at Bernardo and Pep gave him a talking to in front of everyone? Bellingham is in an environment where nobody will do that. Madrid and Ancelotti will continue to propagate that ego and nobody at the FA is ever going to risk upsetting him.

Not now Mpabbe has arrived.

So much hatred for him. He isn't as good as the hype, but that's true of a lot of players. His touch and passing isn't great and it's his physicality and desire to go and deliver that's got him where he is. He's very young but he's of an age now where that's not going to be used as a reason to qualify poor performances for club or country. I think he was pretty poor overall, there was no real connection with Foden but he should never have been playing as a 10 behind someone as pointless as Kane. Foden struggled and so did Bellingham. He's a box to box player where his power can take him up and down the pitch and there's less reliance on having that quality touch or technique. He's got so much to learn still, but there are plenty in the squad who are miles off being where they need to be.

His relationship with Foden will either take time to develop or never will. Foden wants the ball to feet and his control is excellent. Bellingham needs to learn he can use Foden that way, but it's quite different from playing with Vinicius and Rodrygo who are more direct players. Foden needs to learn that Bellingham and Rice aren't Rodri and De Bruyne/Bernardo. They need the ball played to them more softly to control it. Their quality isn't at the level he's used to.
The first problem we had. Was taking players who were used to either long ball or possession type football.
The long ball killed Kane. And killed Foden.

When we did get possession. Bellingham was more interested in the battle with defenders than to pass the ball.
When he won free kicks he was delighted with himself. In truth, a two yard pass to Foden was the better option.
He just doesn’t think. And like Rashford. I think it’s too late for him to change.
What all this meant was Kane was never going to see the ball from open play.

Bellingham and Pickford were the two main players who dragged England down.

My opinion is Kane would have performed better if he wasn’t used as a battering ram. And having to try and get something from Bellingham.

The first problem we had. Was taking players who were used to either long ball or possession type football.
The long ball killed Kane. And killed Foden.

When we did get possession. Bellingham was more interested in the battle with defenders than to pass the ball.
When he won free kicks he was delighted with himself. In truth, a two yard pass to Foden was the better option.
He just doesn’t think. And like Rashford. I think it’s too late for him to change.
What all this meant was Kane was never going to see the ball from open play.

Bellingham and Pickford were the two main players who dragged England down.

My opinion is Kane would have performed better if he wasn’t used as a battering ram. And having to try and get something from Bellingham.

Think it’s a bit harsh comparing a player who’s only just turned 21, with one who’s nearly 27.

The difference isn’t too far off half of an average career.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.