Jude Bellingham

no inbetween
Well of course there’s an inbetween but judging from your comment that’s not how you feel. Don’t think many are questioning his ability, he’s a player for sure. His attitude on the other hand is awful. He just doesn’t seem like a team player, it’s all about him. That’s why I think he will cost England.

Well of course there’s an inbetween but judging from your comment that’s not how you feel. Don’t think many are questioning his ability, he’s a player for sure. His attitude on the other hand is awful. He just doesn’t seem like a team player, it’s all about him. That’s why I think he will cost England.
There's definitely a player in Bellingham but as you said "He's not a team player" he's all for himself, His attitude is atrocious.

I don't think Bellingham will cost England to be honest, Southgate will do that job.

Did you watch the match? How many times was he on the deck clutching his legs complaining to the ref, and then the replay showed him not to have even been touched?

Not.
Even.
Touched.

And he's there trying to get players booked or worse in the Champions League QF. And it wasn't 1 isolated incident, it was all match for the full 90 mins. Great player? Fucking great shithousery more like. Great players try to influence the match with their skill, not by trying to con the ref.
What I thought was interesting last night was that on the CBS/Paramount+ stream the commentator kept trying to make out that tackles on him might have actually been fouls and maybe he (and Madrid) should feel aggrieved and the co-commentator (female ex-player, maybe Karen Carney?) kept saying “no, I think that was fair” or “there was very little contact” or “I think the ref got that one right” or “the referee is allowing them to play”.

Over and over again he tried to cast doubt on whether Bellingham and other RM players were being hard done by and she kept dismissing the comments.

To me it was a stark example of how commentators often try to set the narrative as the match unfolds, and without a decent co-commentator, they often succeed.

And how much hype and brand protection Bellingham gets from English media, even including the commentators. There was absolutely no mention of his diving, histrionics, or shitehousing, even though it was constantly on show.

There's definitely a player in Bellingham but as you said "He's not a team player" he's all for himself, His attitude is atrocious.

I don't think Bellingham will cost England to be honest, Southgate will do that job.
Yeah the Southgate angle is a given. Not worth mentioning how shite he is as we all know. Well apart from the West Ham fan.

i think he's a young promising player, who's gotten a bit caught up in a his large career leap. No more, no less. I am not sure i've really said anything to suggest i think he's amazing, or otherwise. I am surprised he has his own thread, I am surprised people let themselves get so wound up. I don't even know why i'm contributing to this thread! have a good 'un.

i think he's a young promising player, who's gotten a bit caught up in a his large career leap. No more, no less. I am not sure i've really said anything to suggest i think he's amazing, or otherwise. I am surprised he has his own thread, I am surprised people let themselves get so wound up. I don't even know why i'm contributing to this thread! have a good 'un.
I’m in Madrid with my head in bits waiting for the maid to come and kick me out of bed.
A good’un seems unlikely at this point. :-)

One of the most talked about players in world football having his own thread in the General section of an online football discussion forum.

8mx.gif

What I thought was interesting last night was that on the CBS/Paramount+ stream the commentator kept trying to make out that tackles on him might have actually been fouls and maybe he (and Madrid) should feel aggrieved and the co-commentator (female ex-player, maybe Karen Carney?) kept saying “no, I think that was fair” or “there was very little contact” or “I think the ref got that one right” or “the referee is allowing them to play”.

Over and over again he tried to cast doubt on whether Bellingham and other RM players were being hard done by and she kept dismissing the comments.

To me it was a stark example of how commentators often try to set the narrative as the match unfolds, and without a decent co-commentator, they often succeed.

And how much hype and brand protection Bellingham gets from English media, even including the commentators. There was absolutely no mention of his diving, histrionics, or shitehousing, even though it was constantly on show.
unfortunately I had the pleasure of McManamanaman in my ear last night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.