Kaka

Re: Kaka swap deal

Mad 4 It said:
Would rather spend the money it would take to get him on Sanchez and Subotic. A much better investment of funds for the future. TBH I don't think he would come to us especially after what happened with Robbi

Nothing happened with Robinho, we bent over backwards for that fool and he just couldnt be arsed.

Kaka for me would be an excellent move, has proved over his career that he can play against British opposition and although his time at Madrid isnt working for him i'm convinced if he was deployed in Barry's position after a run of games could be fantastic for us

We need a forward thinking midfielder who is capable of finding pass after pass to the forwards and able to chip in with a few goals himself - Kaka for me is that man.

I think Mancini has earmarked Pastore for this role though, not that i'm complaining like!

Blu KB said:
Mad 4 It said:
Would rather spend the money it would take to get him on Sanchez and Subotic. A much better investment of funds for the future. TBH I don't think he would come to us especially after what happened with Robbi

Nothing happened with Robinho, we bent over backwards for that fool and he just couldnt be arsed.

Kaka for me would be an excellent move, has proved over his career that he can play against British opposition and although his time at Madrid isnt working for him i'm convinced if he was deployed in Barry's position after a run of games could be fantastic for us

We need a forward thinking midfielder who is capable of finding pass after pass to the forwards and able to chip in with a few goals himself - Kaka for me is that man.

I think Mancini has earmarked Pastore for this role though, not that i'm complaining like!
Neither Kaka nor Pastore, can play the Barry role. If either is brought in, they will play the Yaya role, and Yaya will be dropped backwards to play the Barry role. The Barry role has a large defensive element to it. It is the Second DM role. Pretty much the Xabi Alonso role. If we want to buy a player for this role, the most likely and best options are

Sahin, Assamoah, Auturo Vidal, Xavi Hernandez, Javier Martinez, Carlos Martins and Borja Valero.
This role requires a unique blend of the positioning of a DM with the skills of an AM.

Personally I think Sahin is absolute tops right now in that position.

Dax777 said:
Blu KB said:

Neither Kaka nor Pastore, can play the Barry role. If either is brought in, they will play the Yaya role, and Yaya will be dropped backwards to play the Barry role. The Barry role has a large defensive element to it. It is the Second DM role. Pretty much the Xabi Alonso role. If we want to buy a player for this role, the most likely and best options are

Sahin, Assamoah, Auturo Vidal, Xavi Hernandez, Javier Martinez, Carlos Martins and Borja Valero.
This role requires a unique blend of the positioning of a DM with the skills of an AM.

To play in his position not his role.

We don't need Barry, De Jong & Yaya in the midfield together, no matter how advanced Yaya is at times. Kaka or Pastore can be our box to box midfielder we so desperately need.

Shame that Mancini doesnt seem to agree.

Blu KB said:
Dax777 said:

To play in his position not his role.

We don't need Barry, De Jong & Yaya in the midfield together, no matter how advanced Yaya is at times. Kaka or Pastore can be our box to box midfielder we so desperately need.

Shame that Mancini doesnt seem to agree.
But neither Kaka nor Pastore is a box to box midfielder. They are both Attacking Mids/Support Strikers. And both are adverse to that kind of defending fans appreciate in the Prem. Personally I don't give more reverence to getting "stuck in" players. I don't get stoked when Tevez runs from player to player to player, chasing after a ball being passed around by defenders.

I think it is poor form to expend so much energy in this pursuits unless it is team oriented and structured. Otherwise it is a poor use of resources.

So I have no qualms with players who are not gongho on looking busy defensively, if that is not primarily their job. I want them expending most of their energy on offense creating. So I am fine with Pastore and his penchant for shafting a little on defensive work, but most City fans will hate it. I mean about 70% don't like Yaya as is. Imagine someone who works twice less. LOL! That is Pastore. But he brings magic and Fluidity. These are qualities I rank quite highly.

Kaka's injury is the type that will limit his play from now on. And, being that his knee is delicate even after surgery, I don't see him coming to a more physical league than the Spanish. The guy can only run for a few minutes, and after that he's just walking fast.

Dax777 said:
Blu KB said:

Sahin or an Ever Banega passer type swapped for Barry might be the perfect piece to the midfield puzzle.
Someone like Sahin is so much quicker on the ball and has far more passing range and dribbling ability than what Barry offers. Sahin runs the show in the deep lying playmaker role next to a destroyer in a very up tempo 4-2-3-1. Sahin next to De Jong with Yaya or Milner in front would be the idea.

Everyone wants Sneijder who is immense but he plays Silva's role basically as the in the hole, free lance, Trequarista attacking midfielder who doesn't track back or apply himself defensively. I can't see Mancini playing both Silva and another Sneijder/Pastore/Kaka with one dropping deeper in the midfield, both limit their effectiveness and you would have to play a 4-3-2-1 which would end up very narrow with both of them cutting inside. Also then you can only play one of Tevez/Dzeko/Balotelli/Johnson.

---------Back 4-----------

-----De Jong----Sahin/Barry
-----------Yaya/Milner-----
Silva/Johnson Balotelli
Tevez/Dzeko

Hart
Alves - Kolo - Kompany - Kolarov
Kaka - De Jong - Yaya - Silva
Dzeko - Agüero

What a brilliant team that would be! I say go for Kaka, would be the best thing that every have happens to our club! It's a brilliant player!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.