Kalidou Koulibaly

can someone who watched the game summarize how he has played?

like mangala had been round a flat in Salford for 3 days flat out on the shovel with no sleep then had a spice joint to take the edge off, and rocked up to a game at 2:45 and was told he was starting but had to put he’s boots on the wrong feet

Under Sarri i watched them regularly and he was superb. Best defender in Serie A for a good 3 seasons. Yes, he has had a decline recently, but he needs a move. Gattuso's structure clearly isn't working for him. Under Pep i really do think he will be brilliant for the way we play.

Also makes me laugh how you are judging him off the odd game. As i have said, Varane looked sunday league yesterday, still doesn't take away the fact that he is world class.

The only problem I see with Koulibaly, is the lack of a pre season. He needs properly indoctrinating into City's methods. He is playing at a relaxed pace at the moment.

But we won't be paying their top price for him irrespective.

Laporte vs Spurs in the chumps league last season looked like a £10m defender at best. Phil Jones vs Utd while playing for Blackburn looked like a £100m defender and future World Cup winning England captain.

don’t judge off one game, especially when up against Messi.

if the club think he’s the man, then he’s the man.

Dident watch the game, but what it looks like from reading here KK were the only deffender in the game. Those 3 goals, were they all 100% KK's fault?
I watched from just before the penalty. I'd say he gave 3 or 4 stray passes, although to be fair sometimes the movement in front of him wasn't great. It's fair to say that he's the one player in the defence they look to to move the ball forward. He also came for at least a couple of long passes high up the pitch and lost his duel. I think his positioning was generally good and he showed a decent turn of pace at one point. But yeah, if I'd only ever seen that performance, I wouldn't think I was looking at a world class CB.

Is he playing in a good side? No

I think that's unfair. Napoli gave it a good go and played some decent stuff. Koulibaly just stuck out as their worst player by far. It's not like he played his part in a collectively shit performance, he was just flat out awful in an otherwise even game.

If you came from Mars and watched the game, you'd say they look half-decent but have a really dodgy centre half, unfortunately for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.