Kalidou Koulibaly

I watched from just before the penalty. I'd say he gave 3 or 4 stray passes, although to be fair sometimes the movement in front of him wasn't great. It's fair to say that he's the one player in the defence they look to to move the ball forward. He also came for at least a couple of long passes high up the pitch and lost his duel. I think his positioning was generally good and he showed a decent turn of pace at one point. But yeah, if I'd only ever seen that performance, I wouldn't think I was looking at a world class CB.

To be fair I've seen Kompany have plenty of similar games with the ball.

like mangala had been round a flat in Salford for 3 days flat out on the shovel with no sleep then had a spice joint to take the edge off, and rocked up to a game at 2:45 and was told he was starting but had to put he’s boots on the wrong feet

Good fit with John Stones then.

Lots of people making excuses such as "he's mentally left the club" or "he's not playing well because he's thinking about the transfer" but if he was being linked to United or Liverpool you'd all be pissing yourselves at tonight's performance and them wasting their money.

I can't claim to have seen him play much and he obviously doesn't play like that every week or he wouldn't be talked about as he is, and yes Barca and Messi are brilliant, but surely we're looking for someone who can help us beat the likes of Barca, not crumble in front of them. Given the size of the fee, I was shocked at just how bad he was tonight.

Lots of people making excuses such as "he's mentally left the club" or "he's not playing well because he's thinking about the transfer" but if he was being linked to United or Liverpool you'd all be pissing yourselves at tonight's performance and them wasting their money.

I can't claim to have seen him play much and he obviously doesn't play like that every week or he wouldn't be talked about as he is, and yes Barca and Messi are brilliant, but surely we're looking for someone who can help us beat the likes of Barca, not crumble in front of them. Given the size of the fee, I was shocked at just how bad he was tonight.

Well sure, but we would be talking shite. that's how fans do

Ok devils advocate etc. A few howlers and slack passes but for a centre half, his technical ability on the ball was clear. His height and physical strength looks impressive (except his fall following collision with team mate).
My concerns would be;
Price, for this price we'd want Rolls Royce quality.
His shear build reminds me of Yaya's, possible free-fall drop off with age. He wont be no Ryan Gigs.
Although he has obvious technical skills, he looks ungainly, with Mendy like attributes, which concerns me against the very best as does Mendy.
My knowledge of European football is limited but surely there is someone younger with potential leadership qualities out there for the sort of money we are talking about. I would take Leicesters centre half and I don't mean Jonny Evans, over Koulibaly, but wtf do I know.

In all seriousness, he needs to be very good at distributing the ball. If he isn’t, then he’s going to be a failure in Pep’s system.

Honestly, my one persistent issue when I've watched him is that he's overconfident in his ability to pass the ball. Sometimes he tries to force the issue with either foot when it's not really necessary. I don't know, maybe he's been under instruction to take risks to start counterattacks.

The only problem I see with Koulibaly, is the lack of a pre season. He needs properly indoctrinating into City's methods. He is playing at a relaxed pace at the moment.

But we won't be paying their top price for him irrespective.

Mate, if he playing at a relaxed pace in the champs league against Barcelona, how the feck will he motivate himself for Leeds on a Wednesday night?

Besides is that the right sort attitude for a team like City?

I'm seriously starting to worry about this guys potential.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.