Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaughan may have had that story pre-written to post after Sunday no matter what, but Leeds stayed up, it’s a different scenario. Moreover, who’s to say this isn’t another Koulibaly case of keeping a name in the media’s mouth while we work a better deal behind the scenes without much attention or speculation
I suppose Ducker and Pol Ballus did too?

Kelvin would feel like an Ake level signing to me. Could do a job but when everyone is fit not in the starting 11.

Finding an obtainable DM or CM that could be as good as Rodri isn’t easy though.

Tchouameni was a no brainier but Real Madrid have got him now.

We all would like Bellingham but perhaps next year realistically.

Rice would be great too but I’m guessing we have been quoted silly money.

Lavia not ready yet.

FDJ not a fan. Expensive and I don’t think what we need.

I just hope Calvin isn’t a stop gap until we sign an improvement. I would rather sign nobody than signing an average player who then potentially blocks Lavia if he continues to improve.

Edit: I know we have to get somebody or Rodri’s head will fall off.

Kelvin would feel like an Ake level signing to me. Could do a job but when everyone is fit not in the starting 11.

Finding an obtainable DM or CM that could be as good as Rodri isn’t easy though.

Lavia not ready yet.

I just hope Calvin isn’t a stop gap until we sign an improvement.

Agreed but I think that's what's needed. Someone who is happy to be a squad player and push Rodri. It's difficult to find them: good enough but not too good that they get itchy feet.

Ake has come in in important games and done a job for us, Atletico away and that clearance off the line against Arsenal the most memorable.

Lavia not ready yet.

I just hope Calvin isn’t a stop gap until we sign an improvement. I would rather sign nobody than signing an average player who then potentially blocks Lavia if he continues to improve.

but how could we have rodri and say declan rice where one is a sub for weeks on end if and when the big games come around? I personally think Phillips for £35m would be an extremely astute and underrated signing that improves the squad depth and quality in a key area. Pep and Txiki have rumoured to have been watching him the last 12-18 months and rate him highly so its not like they are doing it to just add a body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.