Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you get that from my post lol? I literally asked a simple question lol. There are probably alternative players out there I just can’t think of who rn. You like to talk a lot so I thought you’d come back with some ideal suggestions but you answered my question with your first sentence. Not sure where the rest of your post came from.
You said you couldn’t think of any names, did you not?

His teammate Kessie supposedly has a deal to join Barcelona on a free and they’re still not able to register him. Not to mention that we should have been in on this long ago, but I’d like to see us for once hijack a deal instead of having one of ours hijacked lol
Yeah, we should have been interested in him. And Bruno Guimaraes as well. Paying 50-60M£ for a backup midfielder has literally no sense.

No serious club would pay 50-60M£ for a backup midfielder IMO.
I don’t think we sign “backups” with very few exceptions (for instance an Ake replacement). The midfielder we sign will have an important role in the squad. That’s where my issue lies lol

Good to see the last few pages have just gone back to the fifa and football manager crew pulling players and figures out of thin air.

News flash, Pep doesn’t want to sign Kessie, Bennacer, Bruno or any other fucker you are suggesting. He wants Phillips and I suspect if we don’t get him we will crack on and rotate Gundo back into defensive mid or Zinny.

Bit like last summer when we wanted Grealish. Pep didn’t give a shit how many goals X, Y or AB scored. He wanted Grealish.

Good to see the last few pages have just gone back to the fifa and football manager crew pulling players and figures out of thin air.

News flash, Pep doesn’t want to sign Kessie, Bennacer, Bruno or any other fucker you are suggesting. He wants Phillips and I suspect if we don’t get him we will crack on and rotate Gundo back into defensive mid or Zinny.

Bit like last summer when we wanted Grealish. Pep didn’t give a shit how many goals X, Y or AB scored. He wanted Grealish.
These "any other fuckers" are way better players than Phillips from the nearly relegated side. We have had a year to find a proper Fernandinho replacement and we did nothing so now we are short in terms of options are we looking at Phillips because of the lack of available options.

just to throw a few names out there - Sangare (PSV), fofana, edson alvarez (Ajax), Mikel Merino (though I don't know what the price would be), Laimer (though he seems to be bayren bound for 20m)

These "any other fuckers" are way better players than Phillips from the nearly relegated side. We have had a year to find a proper Fernandinho replacement and we did nothing so now we are short in terms of options are we looking at Phillips because of the lack of available options.
Do you know we havn't been trying to find Fernandinhos replacement since a year? We did nothing lol. I hope you are on Txiki's team to say and assume things like that.

Good to see a cultist pop up finally, the thread was allowing too much free thought for too long. Wonderful to hear that we have a connection with Pep directly too. And the excuse for not bringing up any names has already been drawn: “if Phillips doesn’t work “I suspect” no one else, so don’t even bother, stick with what we think is the script”. Yeah sounds plausible enough. Very professional from Pep and our scouting team if they work that way, sure. Does anyone really believe our DM list consists of one name and that’s Kalvin Phillips only? Lol. It’s the Ruben Dias story yet again. The window hasn’t opened and the narrow minded mentality already at an embarrassing high

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.