KDB or David Silva?

Merlin, so important to the way we played always looking for Sergio and threading that ball to him through the eye of a needle

Clearly a comment for reactions.

World Cup winner, Euro winner, Prem, FA Cup, League Cup. David consistently delivered a minimum 8/10 performance.

Sly sports, the red teams sycophants, did a special programme on him. That tells you something of the stature El Mago has in the game. It must have hurt them like hell to have to do that programme.

Watching David on the pitch was a joy to behold, a truly gifted footballer that lit up a football pitch whenever he stepped across the white line.
No need to have a dig, not for a reaction at all….just my opinion.

I’m well aware of his medal haul and his fantastic contribution but don’t revere him like most of us.

Clearly a comment for reactions.

World Cup winner, Euro winner, Prem, FA Cup, League Cup. David consistently delivered a minimum 8/10 performance.

Sly sports, the red teams sycophants, did a special programme on him. That tells you something of the stature El Mago has in the game. It must have hurt them like hell to have to do that programme.

Watching David on the pitch was a joy to behold, a truly gifted footballer that lit up a football pitch whenever he stepped across the white line.
I’m not trying to belittle David Silva here but in the 2010 World Cup he only started one game (opening game loss to against Switzerland) where he was taken off after an hour and then didn’t start again in the whole tournament and only came on as a sub in one other match (semi against Germany).

Last edited by a moderator:
No need to have a dig, not for a reaction at all….just my opinion.

I’m well aware of his medal haul and his fantastic contribution but don’t revere him like most of us.
It wasn’t meant as a dig. You alluded to the fact you was going to get a reaction with your first line.
You will see on my earlier post that based purely on stats alone, KDB is ahead. Maybe I have misinterpreted your ‘overrated’ comment, my opinion differs from yours and that’s fine.

I think KDB edges it, but when Silva didn’t play, we always struggled. That’s not the case with KDB, so you could argue Silva had a greater week in week out impact on our results (now taking up my seat on the fence).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.