Keeping the 4 strikers happy.........

The trick is to rotate the STARTERS and PLAN on giving them about 70 minutes each. This changes, of course, if we have a flagging player or injury. We will need ALL 3 subs in most games.

Don't forget, Agüero RARELY finished a game and was the MOST SUBBED PLAYER in the League! Big thing with strikers is not getting injured. Because so much of their game is stop-start/sprint, they are prone to niggly muscle injuries and especially late game hammies, not to mention they get kicked about a lot.

I don't think it will be an issue keeping them "happy," but more a matter of HOW Mancini plays them. When we are set up VERY attacking, I would like to see Mario play as centre forward, with Agüero alongside him, with Silva and Nasri/AJ/Tevez wider, Yaya in behind that front-ish 4 and one holding midfielder with overlapping full backs. That would allow Dzeko to come in for ANY ONE of the strikers with a simple change in formation (Mario out left if Tevez or Agüero comes off) or a simple straight swap for Mario.

There will be enough games for everyone, especially if we plan on being in all 4 competitions in Feb/March. The key is to have a good league position before the games start pounding the squad in Feb/march when the CL Knockout stages begin!!

ChicagoBlue said:
The trick is to rotate the STARTERS and PLAN on giving them about 70 minutes each. This changes, of course, if we have a flagging player or injury. We will need ALL 3 subs in most games.

Don't forget, Agüero RARELY finished a game and was the MOST SUBBED PLAYER in the League! Big thing with strikers is not getting injured. Because so much of their game is stop-start/sprint, they are prone to niggly muscle injuries and especially late game hammies, not to mention they get kicked about a lot.

I don't think it will be an issue keeping them "happy," but more a matter of HOW Mancini plays them. When we are set up VERY attacking, I would like to see Mario play as centre forward, with Agüero alongside him, with Silva and Nasri/AJ/Tevez wider, Yaya in behind that front-ish 4 and one holding midfielder with overlapping full backs. That would allow Dzeko to come in for ANY ONE of the strikers with a simple change in formation (Mario out left if Tevez or Agüero comes off) or a simple straight swap for Mario.

There will be enough games for everyone, especially if we plan on being in all 4 competitions in Feb/March. The key is to have a good league position before the games start pounding the squad in Feb/march when the CL Knockout stages begin!!
True.

Mario will have knee problems for 2-3 weeks, get banned for 4-5 games, Tevez will go for a vacation few months, so it will not be 4 of them all season...

Anteros said:
I'm probably in the minority here but I really don't care for RVP coming here. I'm happy with our strikers. I think Mancini only has to figure out which pairs work better together for the good of the team. I hope they all stay.

+1

Anteros said:
I think Mancini only has to figure out which pairs work better together for the good of the team. I hope they all stay.

I hope they all stay UNLESS Cavani is available! Other than that, I think it is not about "pairs," because it limits options, but more about how all four of them interact with the others. Sometimes, it might mean Agüero playing in the hole with Džeko or Mario upfront, or Tevez in the hole with Agüero or Mario upfront, or Mario out left with Agüero upfront, etc, etc,etc...

We HAVE TO be able to have players who are very flexible and can play multiple roles for the sake of the team, or they are not much use in the overall team concept. I think that is why AJ does not get a look in....lack of flexibility.

Name me ONE other player on the City team who cannot play multiple positions?!

I don't think there will be enough games for all 4.

For a club like Juventus, Dzeko would start every game he is fit. But before Tevez came back, he struggled to get consistent playing time. And afterward, he was almost never seen from again. Even with the CL, he wouldn't get the number of starts a striker of his quality warrants. He had fewer league starts than James Milner. A lot of times he played because Mario was suspended.

Most will be happy if Edin stays including me. It's just hard to see how he will be happy with 1/2 or less starts than he would at Juventus.

Tevez can play in the slightly deeper Silva/Nasri role, we're short of midfielders and I see no reason not to have Tevez plus two other strikers playing in a lot of games.

Plenty of games of all four if we do well in the cups.

Only time will tell i guess. I personally don´t believe that´s it´s possible to keep 4 top strikers happy but we´ll see. The thing is when you are buying top players you´re buying yourself eventual problems keeping them happy.

Last season it was easy becaue Tevez was playing golf for most of the time, at times we where almost short on strikers due to injuries and suspension(Mario!!!!). But this season I believe Mario will keep his cool and be more responible, either Dzeko(if he stays) or Balotelli will sit on the bench alot due to Tevez and Augeros partnership. Dzeko and Balotelli are to good be 4th in the pecking order and one them is not going to happy.

nehe11 said:
Only time will tell i guess. I personally don´t believe that´s it´s possible to keep 4 top strikers happy but we´ll see. The thing is when you are buying top players you´re buying yourself eventual problems keeping them happy.

Last season it was easy becaue Tevez was playing golf for most of the time, at times we where almost short on strikers due to injuries and suspension(Mario!!!!). But this season I believe Mario will keep his cool and be more responible, either Dzeko(if he stays) or Balotelli will sit on the bench alot due to Tevez and Augeros partnership. Dzeko and Balotelli are to good be 4th in the pecking order and one them is not going to happy.

Lets face it if were still winning cups and titles they'l all be happy when push comes to shove, they are all paid more than anyone else at their level in the EPL, what more could they want?

First choice pairing would be Aguero and Tevez, Aguero only plays 75 mins so Ballo and Dzeko would get their chance + carling cup games to start and any injuries and suspensions. As long as the 2nd choice strikers don't let their ego's get the better of them what's to complain about?

If we signed RVP, Dzeko would have to be sold and we'd still have a problem as then we have 3 strikers who will be expecting to start.

ABU inc GDR said:
nehe11 said:

Lets face it if were still winning cups and titles they'l all be happy when push comes to shove, they are all paid more than anyone else at their level in the EPL, what more could they want?

First choice pairing would be Aguero and Tevez, Aguero only plays 75 mins so Ballo and Dzeko would get their chance + carling cup games to start and any injuries and suspensions. As long as the 2nd choice strikers don't let their ego's get the better of them what's to complain about?

If we signed RVP, Dzeko would have to be sold and we'd still have a problem as then we have 3 strikers who will be expecting to start
Exactly that´s the problem they are expecting to start, I think we are the only team that have 4 worldclass(debatable) strikers and keeping them happy will be an issue imo specially if we are loosing.
One thing you don´t want in a team is sulky/unhappy players, that energy can easily rub of on the rest of the players.

nehe11 said:
What do you reckon do you think Mancini will pull it of? I think the only one guaranteed to start is Augero. And I do believe Dzeko/Tevez/Balotelli are to good to be 4th choice, it will not be easy keeping them happy.
Kun and Carlos are first choice. Mario is injury prone and is prone to suspensions, so that will help. Edin is a very down to Earth fella who doesn't ever moan when he's on the bench. I don't see there being a problem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.