Keeping the 4 strikers happy.........

IIRC, Mario's first start last season was in the League Cup against Brum.

He scored and had a generally good game and subsequently had a run in the first team, including the swamp derby, where he led the line superbly.

Up until then, Edin had been on fire, including scoring four at Shite Hart Lane and that proved for me that we need at least four top forwards and pecking order can change at any time, depending on form, opponents and injury.

Having 4 different options does make sense in my opinion. Where the problem lies is having the same type of striker.

Sort of related to the subject....Edin's interview with Kicker (build up to Wolfsburg game - translation):

When asked about previous rumours with Bayern: "I think City didnt want to sell me. For me that's over with. I see it as a good sign".

When asked if Roberto is counting on him more thant last season: "In first half of last season I played more and scored more. I dont know why I played less in second half of the season. It was tough, I lost my rythm. I spoke to Roberto, he said he wanted to keep me. I came to City to play. I'm too good to be sitting on the bench. But, if that would be the case again - anything can happen."

Is that last sentence indicating he will not accept the last year's role? Sure looks like it?

EaglesFan said:
Sort of related to the subject....Edin's interview with Kicker (build up to Wolfsburg game - translation):

When asked about previous rumours with Bayern: "I think City didnt want to sell me. For me that's over with. I see it as a good sign".

When asked if Roberto is counting on him more thant last season: "In first half of last season I played more and scored more. I dont know why I played less in second half of the season. It was tough, I lost my rythm. I spoke to Roberto, he said he wanted to keep me. I came to City to play. I'm too good to be sitting on the bench. But, if that would be the case again - anything can happen."

Is that last sentence indicating he will not accept the last year's role? Sure looks like it?

He is right, he is to good a player not to be starting, that's in a ordinary situation, city are far from ordinary and he simply isn't as good as the other 3, if he can't accept that then thanks for the memories edin old son !!!

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
EaglesFan said:

He is right, he is to good a player not to be starting, that's in a ordinary situation, city are far from ordinary and he simply isn't as good as the other 3, if he can't accept that then thanks for the memories edin old son !!!
He's good as often as Mario is. Both very inconsistent players.

danburge82 said:
EaglesFan said:

mario already is twice the player edin is

danburge82 said:
EaglesFan said:

This is EXACTLY what I meant. It´s impossible to keep 4 top strikers happy and Edin is right(even though I´m not a favourite of him) He´s to good to be 4th choice so is Mario. Guidetti said that he will accept the role of a 4th striker, better to have him then Edin who´s unhappy being 4th choice (if he is) and I don´t blame him. A 27million striker should not be 4th choice neither should a 23million striker be. This role is perfect for Gudetti. And people on this topic said it´s possible to keep them all happy, yeah right.......

Mancio said:
danburge82 said:

No he is NOT.

But back to the topic - I am more and more convinced that one of the current 4 will leave...they all want to start and play (and rightfully so, they are all established strikers) and have enormous egos.

EaglesFan said:
Mancio said:
danburge82 said:

No he is NOT.

But back to the topic - I am more and more convinced that one of the current 4 will leave...they all want to start and play (and rightfully so, they are all established strikers) and have enormous egos.

the only one true question is : what the fuck are you waiting to get an account on a shit juventus forum ??

or did you already got it ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.