Keir Starmer

I think beliveing he will change from his consistant unradical career path more naive than my aceptance that the staus quo, with minor tweaks will continue, as it has for nearly 35 years.

reeves, nandy, streeting, dodds, kendall, powell, benn, cooper, debonaire, lammy, they have not one radical bone in their body.

I wasn't a new labour fan, but blair/brown offered some hope and also recognised a mixed bag of ideas was needed, not generic dullards that are now the shaddow cabinet

I just think its about winning tbh

Got to be truthuly honest as someone who has been politicaly active since my teens, I feel nothing for the coming election, starmer and labour wins or the tories win, I see no change or reason for hope post the GE.

first time in my life I see nothing in a general election to think things may change for the better, I am bereft of hope or belief.

Starmer will win, but he inspires fuck all of a decent future
Can I ask who you would normally vote for, or your voting pattern?

He's a stopgap. When the Tories get their shit together, he'll be out and around we go again.
I reckon he will be knifed from within before the Tories get their shit together.

On that note I'd rather not have Wes Streeting getting radical with the NHS thnkyou.

Can't believe you are asking for a wallet inspection;-)
Like I found with yourself, it’s sometimes difficult to work out where people are coming from so always good to find the starting point. As you know, I thought you were ardent RW due to your constant attacks on Starmer, your posts were so fervent.

I reckon he will be knifed from within before the Tories get their shit together.

On that note I'd rather not have Wes Streeting getting radical with the NHS thnkyou.

That's a good point. They're not exactly known for their loyalty.

I think the NHS's days are numbered, unfortunately. This iteration of the Labour Party or the other lot will see to that eventually.

That's a good point. They're not exactly known for their loyalty.

I think the NHS's days are numbered, unfortunately. This iteration of the Labour Party or the other lot will see to that eventually.
Streeting as health secretary is the equivalent of appointing Gary Glitter kids Minister.

He's a puppet for a US healthcare group.

Can I ask who you would normally vote for, or your voting pattern?
Labour 97, 01, 10,15, 17,19 (also party member 96-05 & 12-21)

Green 2005

On an aside I voted for starmer for leader because I knew the most left candidate would get slaughtered and wasn't strong enough where he was probable best chance of an election win, also his 10 pledges to keep a balance in the party, all which he has broken.

I lost faith of anything less than a continuation of liberal soft right policy once mandelson was appointed and his wantant purge of anything not blue labour
so if your atempt is to frame me as anti starmer for the sake of it, you're wrong, he has failed me as a member and long time labour suporter.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.