Keir Starmer

I concede he will get the UK some respect back on the world stage. Strangely I think he should use Ange in the relationship with US. I think she'd charm them with her "funny accent" alone.

Politicians appreciate boring but seemingly competent leaders.

I'll be interested to see how long after the GE his honeymoon period in the role of PM is.

Daily Mail will have it down to 25mins lol

Daily Mail will have it down to 25mins lol
There was an episode of Rab C Nesbit on tonight. It started with Rab,Mary, Barbara and Jamesie watching Tony Blair entering number 10 for the first time and celebrating a Labour government. Barbara turns to Jamesie and says;

"Did you get yer Giro today?"

"No. Bastard Labour Government!"

I concede he will get the UK some respect back on the world stage. Strangely I think he should use Ange in the relationship with US. I think she'd charm them with her "funny accent" alone.

Politicians appreciate boring but seemingly competent leaders.

I'll be interested to see how long after the GE his honeymoon period in the role of PM is.
Competence and normality. Can't go wrong.

There was an episode of Rab C Nesbit on tonight. It started with Rab,Mary, Barbara and Jamesie watching Tony Blair entering number 10 for the first time and celebrating a Labour government. Barbara turns to Jamesie and says;

"Did you get yer Giro today?"

"No. Bastard Labour Government!"
Not scripted, but a real vox pop interview on Look NW, in the run up to the 2001 election.
"I think Labour are doing alright, so I don't need to vote...."

Got to be truthuly honest as someone who has been politicaly active since my teens, I feel nothing for the coming election, starmer and labour wins or the tories win, I see no change or reason for hope post the GE.

first time in my life I see nothing in a general election to think things may change for the better, I am bereft of hope or belief.

Starmer will win, but he inspires fuck all of a decent future

Got to be truthuly honest as someone who has been politicaly active since my teens, I feel nothing for the coming election, starmer and labour wins or the tories win, I see no change or reason for hope post the GE.

first time in my life I see nothing in a general election to think things may change for the better, I am bereft of hope or belief.

Starmer will win, but he inspires fuck all of a decent future

I think thats a bit naive - Labour should have won in 92 against Major but they didn't probably because of Kinnock's triumphalism. Then bear in mind the Blair Govt of which Starmer became a part of - they reneged on Uni fees. So what Starmer is doing is trying not to spook the horses. The Tories are so shit and are performing so badly he basically sits back and lets them carry on fucking themselves over. The calculation is he needs to do stuff that has as little impact as possible because the Tories are so disliked they will lose big style. Doesn't matter now what numbers the Tories quote - its about how people personally feel and if they feel they are no better off then its a landslide. I hope and suspect once they win and - if its a landslide - the Labour approach will be much more radical

I think thats a bit naive - Labour should have won in 92 against Major but they didn't probably because of Kinnock's triumphalism. Then bear in mind the Blair Govt of which Starmer became a part of - they reneged on Uni fees. So what Starmer is doing is trying not to spook the horses. The Tories are so shit and are performing so badly he basically sits back and lets them carry on fucking themselves over. The calculation is he needs to do stuff that has as little impact as possible because the Tories are so disliked they will lose big style. Doesn't matter now what numbers the Tories quote - its about how people personally feel and if they feel they are no better off then its a landslide. I hope and suspect once they win and - if its a landslide - the Labour approach will be much more radical
I think beliveing he will change from his consistant unradical career path more naive than my aceptance that the staus quo, with minor tweaks will continue, as it has for nearly 35 years.

reeves, nandy, streeting, dodds, kendall, powell, benn, cooper, debonaire, lammy, they have not one radical bone in their body.

I wasn't a new labour fan, but blair/brown offered some hope and also recognised a mixed bag of ideas was needed, not generic dullards that are now the shaddow cabinet

I think beliveing he will change from his consistant unradical career path more naive than my aceptance that the staus quo, with minor tweaks will continue, as it has for nearly 35 years.

reeves, nandy, streeting, dodds, kendall, powell, benn, cooper, debonaire, lammy, they have not one radical bone in their body.

I wasn't a new labour fan, but blair/brown offered some hope and also recognised a mixed bag of ideas was needed, not generic dullards that are now the shaddow cabinet
They might be generic dullards (I honestly don’t know) but I’m fairly sure they’re not in it for themselves in quite the same way as the current corrupt bunch of liars. That’s got to be an improvement even if they aren’t particularly radical.

They might be generic dullards (I honestly don’t know) but I’m fairly sure they’re not in it for themselves in quite the same way as the current corrupt bunch of liars. That’s got to be an improvement even if they aren’t particularly radical.
If the forecast is right and there is a 160 super majority, it has to be the time where radical changes are possible.

Unlikely, but possible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.