Keir Starmer

Looks like some think the Tories have done a good job, theres always that percentage who strive to be posh and the thought of their dreams being rinsed will drive them to total delusion.

At least they can still afford their mortgage and water to sustain them, just!

Go on clever clogs tell me which general election in the history of the UK was won/lost by one or even a handful of posters on a Manchester City fans forum by not voting Labour.

In your own time or you could stop acting stupid.
I think I'll be happy if you don't vote. (Not officially of course. People campaigned long and hard to get you the vote. They weren't Tories though.)

Have I missed an election?

No but some aren't concerned with the well he's just lying because narrative. If he or you lot were confident his policies whatever the fuck they are woukd win you wouldn't have to squirm so much in your defence of him.

It's amazing how much people will discard their morals to get their team in. And for no reason.

Last edited:
If you feel that a Labour government is just as bad as a Tory government, then I don't think anyone is going to change your opinion.

But suggesting that because one vote is rarely the difference, voting has the same impact as not voting, is a bizarre take. It's even more bizarre coming from someone who votes for the Green party, whose core values are very much about collective action, and building a society that works for everyone. Almost everything they stand for requires people to trust that if they do the right thing, that others will also.

The zero sum view of democracy that you're espousing, is truly depressing.

It's not depressing it's the truth and you are being dishonest or are failing to see the point.

You said one vote rarely makes a difference, this is wrong in terms of general elections one vote NEVER makes a difference.

I will try again as some seem to be getting confused, I believe when you vote which only you know how you voted you should vote for what you believe. This is the exact opposite of what you are thinking. You have no control over anyone else and the next day the result will be the same.

This is about the individual doing the right thing morally for themselves.

I think I'll be happy if you don't vote. (Not officially of course. People campaigned long and hard to get you the vote. They weren't Tories though.)

Riveting Iceland to Russia zzzzzzzzzz

Anyhow go and campaign for your guy, you know the one who is the complete opposite of the other.guy.

Try not being a snake oil salesman mate:-)

Last edited:
No but if some aren't concerned why the well he's just lying because narrative. If he or you lot were confident his policies whatever the fuck they are woukd win you wouldn't have to squirm so much in your defence of him.

It's amazing how much people will discard their morals to get their team in. And for no reason.
Had to read that three or four times to work out what you were on about. Bit of punctuation usually helps.

Not sure where you get the idea that I’ve been squirming in defence of him. We’ve got about three left wing posters who trawl the internet looking for inconsistencies in his messages, something that could probably be done for most people. The fact he’s not in government and has to react to today’s reality means his views are going to evolve and it’s no surprise they find inconsistencies. I just leave them to it and rarely bother commenting.

Riveting Iceland to Russia zzzzzzzzzz

Anyhow go and campaign for your guy, you know the one who is the complete opposite of the other.guy.

Try not being a snake oil salesman mate:-)
You mean like the Brexiters who told us we'd still be in a free trade zone from Iceland to the Russian border?

No but some aren't concerned with the well he's just lying because narrative. If he or you lot were confident his policies whatever the fuck they are woukd win you wouldn't have to squirm so much in your defence of him.

What an odd jumble of words.

And if you’re not sure “whatever the fuck” Starmer’s policies are, how can you be so sure you don’t support them?

It's not depressing it's the truth and you are being dishonest or are failing to see the point.

You said one vote rarely makes a difference, this is wrong in terms of general elections one vote NEVER makes a difference.

I will try again as some seem to be getting confused, I believe when you vote which only you know how you voted you should vote for what you believe. This is the exact opposite of what you are thinking. You have no control over anyone else and the next day the result will be the same.

You do realise that loads of votes that do make a difference are comprised of individual votes, right?

Ideally you should vote for what you believe but the increasingly stupid looking first past the post system prevents your vote from having any real meaning in so many cases and essentially leads to Tories getting in. I think the case for a good PR system is rising and we can hopefully then not only stop being outliers across most of Europe but actually have more grown up Government.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.