Keir Starmer

It's not depressing it's the truth and you are being dishonest or are failing to see the point.

You said one vote rarely makes a difference, this is wrong in terms of general elections one vote NEVER makes a difference.

I will try again as some seem to be getting confused, I believe when you vote which only you know how you voted you should vote for what you believe. This is the exact opposite of what you are thinking. You have no control over anyone else and the next day the result will be the same.

This is about the individual doing the right thing morally for themselves.
I understand your argument that one vote doesn't make a difference, but the whole point of democracy is that we add our ones together. We go into that booth trusting that others will vote the same way as us, and many of us will spend time knocking on doors, or posting leaflets, trying to make sure that happens.

My view is that an individual should do the right thing morally for society, rather than themselves. It's telling that you suggested your way is the only route to being allowed to "complain", which again seems a very individualistic outlook on life.

ps. I said rarely, because occasionally one vote is the literal difference, with some elections being decided on a coin toss.

Had to read that three or four times to work out what you were on about. Bit of punctuation usually helps.

Not sure where you get the idea that I’ve been squirming in defence of him. We’ve got about three left wing posters who trawl the internet looking for inconsistencies in his messages, something that could probably be done for most people. The fact he’s not in government and has to react to today’s reality means his views are going to evolve and it’s no surprise they find inconsistencies. I just leave them to it and rarely bother commenting.

The punctuation I apologise for I was in a mad rush.

Evolve haha and I love the trawling part. Imagine people trawling the Internet looking to score points on here. The irony Westy oh the Irony.

I understand your argument that one vote doesn't make a difference, but the whole point of democracy is that we add our ones together. We go into that booth trusting that others will vote the same way as us, and many of us will spend time knocking on doors, or posting leaflets, trying to make sure that happens.

My view is that an individual should do the right thing morally for society, rather than themselves. It's telling that you suggested your way is the only route to being allowed to "complain", which again seems a very individualistic outlook on life.

ps. I said rarely, because occasionally one vote is the literal difference, with some elections being decided on a coin toss.

Name the general election based on a coin toss or anywhere near ever. This is quite simple if someone would prefer a better political system and more honest politicians why would they vote Tory or Labour. As an individual knowing your vote will not matter and having a choice why?

The fact you insist on sticking with the my vote may alter the result only shows you have no other valid reasons.

Ideally you should vote for what you believe but the increasingly stupid looking first past the post system prevents your vote from having any real meaning in so many cases and essentially leads to Tories getting in. I think the case for a good PR system is rising and we can hopefully then not only stop being outliers across most of Europe but actually have more grown up Government.

Unfortunately even though the Labour members voted for a change/discussion about a change Starmer has decided he's not for that kind of nonsense in his party.

That is just another reason why some should really question the guy they are supporting. But he's not a Tory so posters from Manchester as an example with big labour majorities will still vote Labour.

You know just to get the Tories out innit:-)

The amount of nonsense you’re spouting on this thread suggests it’s you who isn’t grasping reality pal.

That's not an argument that's someone who can't accept the truth or isn't bright enough to grasp it.

You have no control over whatever group you end up in. You have one cross on a piece of paper. Everyone else will vote or already have voted whatever way they please.

I've been politically homeless for the last 6-7 years. Long time labour voter who now finds themselves not wanting to vote for either of the main parties. Both are corrupt and both get into power on lies and then fall into the meta of large funding and donations from large corporations.

Until we have the balls in government to stand up to the corporations then we will be for ever in a political roundabout

I've been politically homeless for the last 6-7 years. Long time labour voter who now finds themselves not wanting to vote for either of the main parties. Both are corrupt and both get into power on lies and then fall into the meta of large funding and donations from large corporations.

Until we have the balls in government to stand up to the corporations then we will be for ever in a political roundabout

You will very soon be accosted by a "You're either with us or against us" representative, prepare for your textual beating and lesson in humility.

:)

This.

We are no longer a democracy were a corprocracy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.