Keir Starmer

Not disputing what the polls are suggesting, I just find it slightly amusing that Lib Dem voters seem to really like him whereas no one else really has any time for him.

He won’t be getting a 300 seat majority anyway.

I’m a Labour voter and Starmer is the first leader since Blair I’ve had any real faith in.

There’s a lot of centre leaning Labour voters who’ve been left out in the cold for the last 15 years.

Though during Corbyn’s reign and brexit I did lend my vote to the Lib Dems.

His personal approval ratings are comparable to Howard and Duncan-Smith prior to their election defeats.

The only people that really seem to like him are Lib Dem voters.
Yet Labour are miles ahead in the polls either people are voting on things other than pesonality or anyone that can get this bunch of crooks and charlatans out of power will do. Either way it shows just what the country thinks of this bunch of twats in power now.

Not disputing what the polls are suggesting, I just find it slightly amusing that Lib Dem voters seem to really like him whereas no one else really has any time for him.

He won’t be getting a 300 seat majority anyway.
I've got time for him. He seems a sensible man and this country is desperate for sensible people in power. It has been a long long time.

I’m a Labour voter and Starmer is the first leader since Blair I’ve had any real faith in.

There’s a lot of centre leaning Labour voters who’ve been left out in the cold for the last 15 years.

Though during Corbyn’s reign and brexit I did lend my vote to the Lib Dems.
That’s fair enough - he’s obviously an entirely more plausible option than Corbyn and Miliband and I was never a fan of Brown, although his speech in the Scottish referendum campaign was one of the best I’ve ever seen to be fair to him.

I’m simply making the point that Starmer’s approval ratings are unusually low given the broader party polling - particularly amongst women - and that should be a concern for him, even if it doesn’t stop him from winning next year. My personal view, and I’ve been of this opinion for some time, is that he’ll probably face a leadership challenge after a couple of years in power as he’ll find it very difficult to satisfy the left of his party, and an apparent lack of broader popularity only increases that risk.

Yet Labour are miles ahead in the polls either people are voting on things other than pesonality or anyone that can get this bunch of crooks and charlatans out of power will do. Either way it shows just what the country thinks of this bunch of twats in power now.

“Personality” is rock bottom of the things I give a fuck about in politics.

But I’m a boring centrist who despises far left and far right populism.

Just get a grown up in who can actually think properly and do the job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.