Keir Starmer

That’s fair enough - he’s obviously an entirely more plausible option than Corbyn and Miliband and I was never a fan of Brown, although his speech in the Scottish referendum campaign was one of the best I’ve ever seen to be fair to him.

I’m simply making the point that Starmer’s approval ratings are unusually low given the broader party polling - particularly amongst women - and that should be a concern for him, even if it doesn’t stop him from winning next year. My personal view, and I’ve been of this opinion for some time, is that he’ll probably face a leadership challenge after a couple of years in power as he’ll find it very difficult to satisfy the left of his party, and an apparent lack of broader popularity only increases that risk.

The Labour Party do have a problem with the far left. There’s a certain contingent who openly support Hamas and want to nationalise cheese but hopefully he is a strong enough leader to keep them at bay.

He needs some strong attack dogs though. Blair had Mandelson and Campbell.

Last edited:
The Labour Party do have a problem with the far left. There’s a certain contingent who only support Hamas and want to nationalise cheese but hopefully he is a strong enough leader to keep them at bay.

Should just bring them back. It seems all the rage at the moment.

The Labour Party do have a problem with the far left. There’s a certain contingent who only support Hamas and want to nationalise cheese but hopefully he is a strong enough leader to keep them at bay.

Do you write for the Daily Mail Perchance?

Not a popular opinion on here I’m sure but I’d have Tony Blair back tomorrow.
You'll get him back next year. In the form of Sir Keir's Kidz after the next general election.

50+ new MPs just out of university fully indoctrinated by the Blair Foundation in how to run People's lives without actually having any life experience.

Uncle Tony knows best. Like any good Cult leader.

You'll get him back next year. In the form of Sir Keir's Kidz after the next general election.

50+ new MPs just out of university fully indoctrinated by the Blair Foundation in how to run People's lives without actually having any life experience.

Uncle Tony knows best. Like any good Cult leader.
Still, it’s not all bad. The three people that generally post in here can recycle the same memes for a bit longer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.