Keir Starmer

People like Johnson, Farage and Trump win because they’re that “bloke down the pub” type

Exactly, before social media these sort of goons used to be sat in the corner of the pub talking to themselves about how the moon landings were faked, not leading political movements with an audience of millions on fucking Twitter.

Superb for a night on the ale putting the world to rights, less good for running a country and enacting policy.

Their politics is too simple. Which is handy because a lot of voters think politics is about binary choices. Our shock at what we see in Gaza leads us to reactions of ceasefire and whilst that may save thousands of lives today the reality is it will only result in thousands dying in the coming years. I don’t suppose for one minute Starmer is immune to the human suffering and probably has the same natural instincts as most of us on here but what decisions does he make, do any of us make, if the choice is losing 10 thousand lives today that saves 2 lives a day forevermore*.

*Not saying that’s the choice on offer in Gaza as I don’t see Israel removing Hamas and then everything becomes eternal peaceful but can see why the hope is for something to change from the pst 70 years of flair ups then just your everyday low level daily killings.

Their politics is too simple. Which is handy because a lot of voters think politics is about binary choices. Our shock at what we see in Gaza leads us to reactions of ceasefire and whilst that may save thousands of lives today the reality is it will only result in thousands dying in the coming years. I don’t suppose for one minute Starmer is immune to the human suffering and probably has the same natural instincts as most of us on here but what decisions does he make, do any of us make, if the choice is losing 10 thousand lives today that saves 2 lives a day forevermore*.

*Not saying that’s the choice on offer in Gaza as I don’t see Israel removing Hamas and then everything becomes eternal peaceful but can see why the hope is for something to change from the pst 70 years of flair ups then just your everyday low level daily killings.
Starmer is irrelevant in which motions are passed through Parliament. I‘d have given the party a free vote last night, but I’m not in charge!

I recognise that all decisions have ripple effects. That’s been lost in the shouty shouty world of social media and Shout TV.

Everybody must make their choice immediately and pick a side.

Bloody Kier Starmer. All his fault this.

*shakes fist*

The Israeli army and a load of Islamist terrorists are shooting shit out of each other and if only Kier Starmer sent out a tweet to say he’d fancy a ceasefire then they’d all stop, sit down and have a nice cup of tea together and this whole thing would all be over. Thousands of years of conflicts resolved in an instant but he’s just choosing not to do it. What a useless bugger he is.

Instead it’s all this bloodshed. Kier could solve all the problems in the Middle East single-handedly and he’s choosing not to.

Jeremy Corbyn could’ve fixed all this I tell thee.
Even if Parliament passed the bill, does anybody actually believe that it would have any impact on what’s going on over there?

Hamas don’t give a fuck what we say, neither does Israel, even more, the rest of the world now look at us as a basket case and shake their heads when we have anything to say.

Sunak or Starmer, nobody gives a fuck and not worth the effort thinking about what they should be saying.

The Government as it's been instructed by Parliament to do so.
I see.
So maybe KS looked at the situation in the Middle East and decided the last thing the people needed was having Sunak and the pig fucker inflicted on them? It's difficult to see what they could offer, a new pad in Rwanda?
At least the SNP do a nice line in mobile homes.

Bloody Kier Starmer. All his fault this.

*shakes fist*

The Israeli army and a load of Islamist terrorists are shooting shit out of each other and if only Kier Starmer sent out a tweet to say he’d fancy a ceasefire then they’d all stop, sit down and have a nice cup of tea together and this whole thing would all be over. Thousands of years of conflicts resolved in an instant but he’s just choosing not to do it. What a useless bugger he is.

Instead it’s all this bloodshed. Kier could solve all the problems in the Middle East single-handedly and he’s choosing not to.

Jeremy Corbyn could’ve fixed all this I tell thee.

Quite a little fairytale you have made up there fella. A really bad one at that.

It's a judgement on his character which some might find an important thing to consider.

He can't do anything about it? Haha. So why mention a pause or tell MPs how to vote. In fact why open his fucking useless gob at all like?

Starmer may have made the right decision if he thought Israel would agree to a halt/pause while humanitarian aid was brought in and the people could leave, a ceasefire has UN implications and Israel won’t agree to it. "?? …………I don’t know why he chose a pause

Last edited:
Abstaining on stuff because it is pointless because it won't make any material difference beyond sound bites is good apparently ..... say the same posters who piss their pants over anybody abstaining on Starmer s Labour party.

Abstaining on stuff because it is pointless because it won't make any material difference beyond sound bites is good apparently ..... say the same posters who piss their pants over anybody abstaining on Starmer s Labour party.
So poor. Any chance of a post from the Rat?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.